chapter twenty-eight

Imposter at Hogwarts

"What I created is chaos."
- Void Stiles

⚯͛

24th June 1995

Both Raven and Cedric fell to the ground with a loud 'thud', the crowd began cheering first, followed closely by the trumpets and other instruments from the Hogwarts band. Raven felt a loud ringing in her ears, her hands were stained with blood - Cedrics blood - she sat up, her ponytail falling out, strands of her dark hair falling into her face, "Cedric-"

He was laying there, his grey eyes staring up blankly at the dark sky, the blood staining his school robes, "Cedric!" She pressed her ear to his chest, the silence of the band drowning out any possible opportunity of hearing a heartbeat. She shook his body, "Cedric?!" A deafening scream sounded through the crowd, and others began to quieten as they looked down at the scene, two students both covered in blood.

Dumbeldore rushed over, "Cedric!" Raben sobbed, pressing her blood-smeared face into his chest, "Please, wake up." She cried. Dumbledore knelt beside her, pressing a hand on the sobbing girls back. She looked up, loathful eyes landing on the elderly headmaster, "You knew this was going to happen," She said, her cheeks red as tears streamed down them, "You knew something bad was going to happen and you didn't try to stop it!" Her voice cracked painfully, and her body fell weakly back ontop of Cedrics, "You let him die."

Other people had gathered around now, Ministry officials and Hogwarts professors alike, circling to stop the students from seeing the boy who laid on the ground, "Oh my goodness -" Professor McGonagall cried out, "what happened?"

"He's back!" Raven cried out, uncontrollable sobs escaping her tired body, "Voldemort - he - he's back - he killed him - he killed him - he killed Cedric."

"Let me through!" A voice cried out, Raven ignored it, falling back down on top of the boy, "Let me through - let me through.... that's my son!" A man cried out, Raven didn't look up, her body shaking with her uncontrollable sobs, "THAT'S MY BOY!"

Raven cried harder, her eyes snapping up from Cedric's body, "Where's Harry?" She asked, her voice horse as she swallowed down the hiccups. Dumbledore looked at her, confusion washing over his face, "Harry?" He asked for confirmation. Raven nodded, stumbling to her feet, "They had Harry's blood - where's Harry?!" She asked, her voice growing frantic, she stumbled over into Professor McGonagall's arms, "Where's Harry?"

"Potter." She heard McGonagall call, Raven continued to cry, blood smearing onto the Professor's robes as she helped her up, "Look - Raven - Harry's here."

Raven looked up, Harry was walking over, confusion plastered on his face, then his eyes landed on Cedric, he quickly moved them away focusing on Raven instead. Raven shot forward, throwing her arms around the boy, "I thought you were dead," She sobbed, "They had your blood he - he said they had killed you."