chapter thirteen

Finding a date

Finding a date

'sick of all these people talking.'
-Halsey

⚯͛

2nd December 1994

The air was light, the fresh breeze nipping at Raven's arms as she stood center of the Hogwarts Quidditch field, "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Neveah asked from beside one of the stands, shivering from the wind, "You're still healing."

"I'm going to be healing for a long time, Neveah," She said, carefully lifting her leg over her broom, trying to ignore the incessant wind that blew her hair into her face, "Life is going to keep moving - with or without me, I can either wait for years until maybe my leg decides to heal, or I can try and keep up with life - before it leaves me behind."

Neveah sighed, as Raven took a deep breath; looking up at the cloudy sky above her, "I can do this." She muttered below her breath, before using her right leg to push up off the floor. She let out an unsatisfied cry, as the broom tipped left, causing her to fall back down on the muddy grass.

"I should get Viktor," Neveah said, walking over slightly, "Maybe he can help you, at least he can fly."

"No, don't," Raven said, sitting up and wiping the mud off her arm in disgust, "Whenever he leaves the boat, his possy is with him. I can't be dealing with them right now."

Neveah nodded, pursing her lips and standing back slightly, "Okay - well is they anyone else that can maybe help?"

Raven shook her head, a few strands of dark hair escaping her ponytail and framing her face, "I'm fine, honestly. If you want to go back to the boat; you can."

Neveah hummed under her breath, although she didn't bother to leave - only stepping back a few paces, and watching as the girl picked up her muddy broom, and mounted it once again. A few raindrops began splattering the grounds of the Quidditch Pitch as Raven's feet left the ground once more, she hovered slightly before - once more - tipping off her broom and landing on the now, even muddier, floor, "You okay?"

"Fine." Raven huffed, rubbing her arm where it had scratched against her broom.

"Maybe you should wait for your leg to heal a bit more," Neveah suggested as she watched Raven stand up again.

"I don't need to wait for my leg to heal," Raven shouted, spinning around to face her blonde friend, "If I'm not able to play Quidditch then won't be able to join the Wallabies in summer - I was supposed to be captain this year!" Raven said, her voice trembling as she used the back of her hand to wipe away the tears.

Neveah walked forward, opening her arms; she engulfed Raven into a hug, "That's ages away," She reassured, rocking the sobbing girl back and forth, "you'll be okay by then."