chapter four

⚯͛

⚯͛

The chosen ones

'It's fine. Nobody really cares anyway.'
~Hanna Marin

⚯͛

31st October 1994

Early in the morning, Headmaster Karkaroff woke his students ushering them out of bed and forcing them into their best cloaks and hats where he then lead them outside and, the students of Durmstrag began on their journey towards the great hall.

The headmaster had forced any seventeen-year-olds and older to write their names on a small piece of parchment so that they could then enter the tournament; if the students decided they weren't going to enter (if they were eligible of course) he had announced he would be sending them back to Durmstrang the moment the names had been drawn.

Due to the early start in the day, the headmaster now gave himself plenty of time to harass the students on the boat, he quizzed all students seventeen or not on all spells; mostly making sure nobody would embarrass him for not being able to cast an acceptable Confundus Charm.

As the sky began to grow dark later in the afternoon, the students put their cloaks back on; walking to the Great Hall following behind their Headmaster who was dragging Viktor beside him (who was sneezing vigorously from his cold), "Бързо бързо!" ("Hurry up, hurry up!") Karkaroff tutted, his steps so large the students were in a slow jog behind him - apart from Viktor who was still being dragged beside Karkaroff, "Можете ли да си представите смущението, ако закъсняхме? Вече видях Beauxbatons да се изправи, ако не беше Полякоф да не може да намери наметалото си, ние вече щяхме да сме там." ("Can you imagine the embarrassment if we were late? I've already seen Beauxbatons head up if it wasn't for Poliakoff not being able to find his cloak, we would already be there.") The headmaster glared at the seventh year who looked down at his fur boots blushing furiously from all the attention off of the other student.

Once they were outside the closed doors of Great Hall, Karkaroff stopped and composed himself. He turned his head slightly to Viktor and nodded before turning around his eyes zeroing onto Poliakoff, "Do not embarrass me," He spoke in English now, most likely due to him being calmer than he was moments before. He then turned to the two fifth years who stood towards the edge of the crowd, "and you two, stop creating a bad reputation."

Neveah stifled a laugh, "How-"

Karfaroff cut in, "Stop calling that boy 'dragon'. Do you know who his father is, and what he would do if he found out two of my students have been mocking him, huh?"