Chapter 7: The question

Note/s: T'has been a while. I'm sorry that it has been so long since my last chapter(around a month), so I doubt that many people will be too interested in the story or will have forgotten the plot but this is the next chapter in my story. Hopefully, I will keep constant uploads throughout the holidays.

Words: 976

3 days had passed since the rollercoaster of emotions where AJ had gone missing only to be found later to be clearing out the greenhouse. Everyone in the school was grateful for him clearing it out because for the first time in months they had more variety of things to eat, everyone except Clementine. She was not happy about what had happened, furious in fact, she had given AJ a very stern telling off and then not spoken to anyone else ever since.

It was 6 o'clock and Omar had finished making everyone's dinner, it was made with harvested vegetables from the new greenhouse. After everyone had finished the usual group flocked over to Louis's bench to play a game.

"What game's it tonight Lou?" asked Marlon.

Louis looked at Clementine who gestured to AJ and stood up, AJ followed. Louis looked back at Marlon.

"Um... You guys choose. I need one second." Said Louis.

Marlon sniggered after Louis left. Violet glared at him.

"What?" Marlon asked in a high pitched voice.

Violet rolled her eyes and sighed. Willy walked over and asked.

"You guys aren't playing a game tonight?" He asked.

"Nope Louis is too busy drooling after Clementine," Marlon replied.

"Nah, he's probably off to kiss her again," Willy said.

"What?!" said Marlon and Violet in unison shocked.

Clementine and AJ were in the admin building walking the halls to get to their room when Louis jogged up on them.

"So, hey Clementine." Louis said, "How are you?"

Clem only looked down.

"Okay then" Louis replied, "Same here, I also feel like looking down."

They walked up to Clem's room, she opened the door and AJ walked in, her about to follow. Louis grabbed her hand.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" Louis asked.

"Only if it is 'real quick'." She said speaking for the first time in 3 days.

"Oh, wow I didn't think that you would say yes," Louis said awkwardly.

Clem sighed and walked to her door.

"No, wait... I was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend." Louis said half confidently and half nervously.

"Look Louis." she said closing the door, "I can't, I have to look out for AJ, he has to be top priority number 1, I mean look what happened a few days ago.

"You can't... I mean..." Louis said tripping over his own words.

"I'm really sorry Louis," Clem said truthfully reaching for the doorknob.

"Listen, Clem, I can be priority number 2, you can't judge your decision on an unfortunate event, and anyway AJ was fine, you were still there for him and he didn't even need your help," Louis said with watery eyes and almost shouting.

Clementine stood still for a moment or two, thinking about what Louis had just said. She looked convinced and then stood up on her tiptoes and pecked Louis on the lips then turned around and walked into her room without a word. Louis understood, he had gotten through to her.

The next morning Louis was up early and waiting for Clem outside of her room to go for breakfast. The doorknob turned, the door opened with a noisy squeak, and out walked Clementine and AJ. This time Clem greeted Louis which brought great smiles to both Louis and AJ's faces.

"You're talking again!" AJ jumped.

"Yes, she is AJ." Louis smiled.

"Yes, I am, well noticed," Clem said.

They all walked to the courtyard together to find that no-one was there, and after they walked outside they could see why. It was freezing.

"So Louis, where do we go for breakfast?" Clem asked chattering her teeth.

"Um, usually when it's cold we go to the sports hall because the canteen is disgusting," Louis said.

So that's where they headed, to the sports hall. The sports hall was a place that Clem had only seen once when she was searching for AJ, so she was excited to see it again. They walked up to the doors and opened them to find everyone inside staring at them as they entered. All 3 of them had no clue why everyone was looking at them. Louis and Clem walked over to Marlon, Violet, and Brody's group who were sitting on the floor, whereas AJ veered over to Tenn.

"Why is everyone looking at us?" Louis asked.

"Go get your food and we'll tell you," Marlon said.

"Okay?" Louis said confused.

They walked over to the table with food and picked something for themselves and Clem picked up something for AJ. Louis walked back to the group with his food and Clem walked over to AJ with something for him.

"So, you gonna tell me?" Louis asked.

"We know what happened, Lou," Violet said.

"What do you mean," Louis said squinting his eyes.

"With Clem," Brody said joining in.

"Ohh, last night?" Louis said, "Wait a moment, how do you know."

"Last night? We know about the kiss a few days ago, what happened last night?" Violet asked.

"You guys didn't like, y'know, did you?" Marlon asked.

"No!" Louis said in a high pitched voice, everyone not quite believing him

"Shame," Marlon said.

"So what did happen?" Violet asked.

Clem walked back over before Louis could answer.

"So will someone tell me, what was everyone looking at us for," Clem asked impatiently.

"Willy saw you and Louis kiss a few days ago," Brody said.

"oh. right." Clem said blushing.

Louis changed the subject and everyone got on with their breakfast and days.