Chapter 4: Fishing

Note/s: Clementine and AJ decided to go fishing with Brody and Violet. Sorry for the slow uploads. Thanks for reading. Oh, and I'm #13 on Clouis which makes no sense because there are 643 other Clouis stories and I have like 48 reads with 6 stars (It's probably a star-to-read ratio).

I know I said this last chapter but please leave a comment to let me know that you are reading.

Words: 1089

Clem, AJ, Brody and Violet were all on their way to the fishing hut, Brody desperately trying her best to make conversation with Violet and AJ tugging on Clem's jacket complaining about the deathly cold. Despite eating breakfast, talking to Marlon, playing a card game and talking to Marlon again, only an hour or two had passed since Clementine and AJ woke up. Violet speed-walked away ahead of Clem, AJ and Brody. AJ ran up beside her, leaving just Brody and Clem.

"Sigh."

"What's wrong?" Clem asked.

"Whatever I say, whatever I do Violet just won't..." Brody said frustratedly.

"Won't what?" Clementine insisted.

"Won't... I don't know, be my friend." Brody sighed.

"Well, there has to be a reason why she won't..."Clem stated.

Brody looked at Violet and AJ walking farther ahead, Violet laughed about something. Brody sighed again.

"It's not her..." Brody started, "I think it's because of what happened last year."

There was silence throughout the group that was only broken by the crunching of the gravelly path beneath their feet, it sounded as though Violet had heard what Brody had said.

"With Sophie and Minnie? Why would she blame you for that?" Clem asked quietly.

"Because I was there when they died." Brody retorted, "Sorry."

"It's fine don't worry about it, I can talk to her if you want, to try and get her to forgive you?" Clem suggested.

"Really?!" Brody beamed.

"Once we get to the fishing hut, okay? And I can't guarantee that I'll change her mind." Clem said.

"That's good enough for me," Brody exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the fishing hut.

"Hey Violet, do you want to fish over here with AJ and me?" Clem asked.

"Sure." Violet smiled.

"Hey Y'all, ima go upstream and check all the traps," Brody informed.

Clem and Violet nodded and watched her walk upstream. They turned back to the river and watched the fish try and fight the current, little did they know that it made them easier targets.

"Hey Y'all, ima go upstream and check all the traps." Violet imitated, "God, sometimes she really gets under my skin."

Clem didn't see how what Brody had said was annoying but she just agreed and said, "I can see that."

"Clem! Clem! I got one!" AJ interrupted.

"That's great kiddo, the bucket's right here," Clem responded quickly eagerly trying to get back to talking to Violet.

"You don't seem, or even want, to get along." Clem pointed out.

Her comment seemed to anger Violet because she suddenly screamed and threw her spear at a fish in the river.