Chapter 35 - A son

SMALL DROWNING WARNING FOR THE AUTHORS NOTE A/N sooo I can't be bothered to write what happens after the last chapter I wrote (chapter 34) so here's just a fill in. Yet again Jotaro has to kill Luca, this time by using star platinum to drown him so he knows for certain that he's dead. after Luca dies the crew just leave him in the river for someone else to find him and now they're back at the hotel.

[Jotaros POV]

Kakyoin sat on the bed across from mine, silent but terrified. I could feel the fear surrounding him. He lifted his head, flashing me a weak smile, which soon grew into a full-on smile before he burst into laughter. I laughed in response, seeing him laugh made me happy.

"Holy shit today has been-" He paused to cough. "-Crazy!"

Still laughing, I nodded my head, "Yeah but at least you were there with me."

Kakyoin flopped so he was laying on his bed. He stayed there, silent for a few minutes. it wasn't an awkward silence, just silence. His legs dangled from the edge of the bed, slowly swinging as he lay. I thought about the past ten years. When I met my, wife when I had a daughter, when I left that wife because I just realised she wasn't right. She just wasn't. I had lived with her for so long and yet something just changed. Maybe it was the constant arguing, or maybe it was just us. Maybe we changed.

"Have you met someone?"

I found myself talking to Kakyoin, asking him a question before the idea of me even speaking to him had registered in my mind.

"What do you...mean?" Nori paused to yawn mid-sentence.

"Like a partner, wife? Or maybe a," I thought about my words for a second, not wanting to slip-up. Its been years and yet love between two men or two women wasn't accepted. "Boyfriend?"

He shook his head, "No one yet but...I have someone in mind."

My mind flashed to my daughter. Her smile, her personality. Her. I had been absent from her life for so long. She heard stories about her uncles when she was younger. I told her about uncle Avdol and Uncle Polnareff and...Uncle Kakyoin.

She was never told about either of her great-great-grandfathers though. Not yeT, she's too young.

"Hey, uh, Nori?"

He made a 'hmmm' noise in response.

"Do you want to meet...her?"

Kakyoin pulled himself up so he was resting on his elbows, "You mean Roxanne? Your ex-wife," he stood up, shaking his head and rolling his eyes. "ah yes sorry id love to be reminded that I was the second pick to her."

His sudden burst of anger left me in shock, yet I quickly recovered.

"That isn't- Nori I didn't mean her, I meant Jolyne!"

Kakyoin stood with his back towards me, silent. He stays there for a few moments, his shoulders starting tense and ever so slowly becoming more relaxed.

He whipped his body around, a massive smile plastered across his face.

"I would love to meet the precious Jolyne Kujo! How old is she? What's her height? Does she know about me-"

Kakyoin kept bombarding me with questions.

"Do you still talk to Holly? a smile went from one ear to the other, but my entire body stiffened.

"I- Uh-"

Judging by how Kakyoins face instantly fell he understood what had happened.

"I'm so so-"

I cut him off.

"Dont apologise for something that isn't your fault, it doesn't matter."

I lifted myself from my bed, grabbing my keys, I headed out.

"I'll be back in a couple of hours."

------------

I took my phone out of my pocket, dialled a number and let it ring.

"Hey, Grandma Su-"

"Joseph Joestar you ba- Oh hello Jotaro!"

I chuckled a little, "I'm guessing the old man got a flight home, sorry I haven't had much contact with him at the moment."

"Good! This little," She paused, conjuring up words. "Rodent! He slept with a Japanese student!"

I mumbled a small 'ah shit'.

"Anyways what did you call me for Jotaro dear?" I could practically hear the fake smile in her voice.

"I left you with Jolyne, right? Is she with you right now?"

"She's in the other room with that rat."

I chuckled a little, Suzi hadn't been this upset in years.

"Okay then, I and a...friend are coming home, he wants to see her is all. Oh and Suzi?"

She made a small 'hm' noise.

"How did you find out about what the old man did? Does he have...a ki-"

"Oh, Jotaro it was horrible! We were looking through his will and there was someone's name written on it, Josuke Higishkata. He was supposed to get a third of Josephs will!"

I stayed silent for a few minutes. That man was almost eighty years old yet still acted like a child.

"I'll get the Speedwagon Foundation to look into it. My friend and I will pay...Josuke was his name? We'll pay Josuke a visit.

I bid Suzi goodbye before hanging up the phone.