CHAPTER 9

Chapter 9

Graceful footsteps treaded ever so lightly across the stoned path as the young woman in a scarlet dyed kimono walked along the Zen Garden path toward a traditional main house which was decorated in a mixture of Chinese and Japanese art. But what stood out most was the wooden door that stood high above the tallest person's head, which bore the crest of dragon on both sides that was painted in luminous colours. The dragon on the left side shone in a metallic silver while its counterpart on the right was painted in gold. The dragons' jaws were open wide as their eyes were fixated on a glass orb at the centre of the door.

Mina stood at the entrance to the hall that spread far and wide. The hall was mostly empty to the point that she could count the people in it. She glanced at her father standing at the end of her left side, while Tzuyu was standing opposite of him. There were others she did not recognize which she could only assume they had some relation to Chaeyoung or Tzuyu. Maybe they were the Chou family members who her father had told about; judging by it they had come to witness for their wedding.

But what stood out most to Mina was that Chaeyoung also not present in the crowd.

As if he understood her awkward and discomfort, her father walk towards her, look at her face with a soft smile and took her hand.

"Mina, Chaeyoung is waiting for you behind that curtain. Don't worry." Akira motioned for the left side of the hall which was concealed behind a bamboo curtain.

With a clap from the butler, the monk start reading the mantra and Mina walked slowly towards the front to be witnessed by the guests on both sides of the aisle.

The mantra stopped as the monk gestured toward Tzuyu.

Smiling, Tzuyu turned and raised the curtain revealing the person behind it. Mina's eyes widened at the person now kneeling, while looking downward, like an obedient housewife, waiting for a hand to help her rise from her position.

Such a beautiful wife, Chaeyoung in a blue kimono, her face now fancied in a simple make-up yet defined her petite nose, her cute pouty red lips and her hypnotizing light brown eyes. A small butterfly hairpin adorned her braided hair; next to them, a silver earring that glittered at each ear.

Mina had only known Chaeyoung to be wearing masculine outfits, but at the sight of such a person who could turn into a very cute and beautiful woman was beyond her imagination. Gulping down her saliva, Mina knew her father could hear the sound from her as he snickered.

The monk continued to chant the mantra and Chaeyoung rose from her kneeling position and taking a step towards her. When both women were now standing side by side, the monk motioned them to sit and the wedding ceremony began by exchange their vows, ring, and tea. They then greeted all the guests and presented a tea to every one of them as Tzuyu introduced them to Mina.

...

"Chaeyoung-nee, no matter what they said, you are and will always be my onee-chan." Tzuyu held Chaeyoung's hand in a firm grip as she shook their hand.

Mina sighed as she glanced back at Chaeyoung, now out of her cute kimono and back with her signature suit.

"And.. you will always be my little puppy, Tzuyu..." Chaeyoung chuckled when Tzuyu pouted at the snicker.

"Chaeyoung-nee, I guess, it's time I take this back..." Tzuyu pointed at Chaeyoung's necktie.

"Wha..." Chaeyoung's eyes widened with shock as she stared long as if asking a question toward Tzuyu. After a long silent moment, Chaeyoung sighed and smile. Looking down at the item, Chaeyoung caressed the silver pin before undoing her tie, her fingers clasping the material before releasing it into Tzuyu's hands.