Chapter 2

....

It's been more than a week since that...incident with Captain. We haven't spoken almost at all. He still looks at me indifferent, and treats me like the subordinate that I am.

It feels strange though..
He's still indifferent when he speaks to me, or when he's close to me, but he gives off a weird vibe. Almost as if he's always looking around. He's acting very paranoid.

I'm afraid he's worried about Kenny. Even if we're underground and we're safe for the most part, he always goes to the surface, alone. Looking around for any leads on him. It's not safe, and it's not his normal behavior.

Mid-day
I was cleaning up with Armin, Jean and Connie, the girls were taken by Hange-san for who knows why. It was nice to have some bro time, even though Captain ordered us to clean up the entire space we stayed at. It isn't big, and we have to sleep in groups. But Captain's a clean freak so it doesn't really matter.

"Hey, Eren?" I looked at Armin "What're you thinking about?" He asked, sweeping the floor.

"Nothing really, just that I'm always on cleaning duty. The place might be small but it's tiring."

"At least we're all together right?" Armin smiled at me happily.
"Yeah, sure." Jean scoffed at Armin's happy personality.
I didn't reply to his sarcastic comment. "It really is, having the girls around all the time can be stressful." I stopped cleaning the tables and continued speaking "Mikasa is okay when she's quiet, but when she and Sasha start talking girl-stuff it's hella annoying."
Connie laughed at my comment.
"Truly!" He said.

Jean gave me a side glare, I know he has a thing for Mikasa. But I don't have a say in it.

After we finished the last room we were allowed to enter, we moved on to the hallways. Jean decided to take a "break" dragging Connie with him, leaving me and Armin to clean the last 3 hallways.

"Alrighty, we're done with this one." Armin exclaimed while wiping a bit of sweat behind his bangs.
"I'll take the one on the right, you go left. That way we can finish before lunch." I instructed him.
"Okay!" Armin happily accepted and walked to the left hallway.

The two hallways didn't align so I couldn't see him. But I could hear him if he spoke a little louder than he usually does.

I was sweeping the dirty floor. We clean every 2-3 days, how can it be so dirty?? As I was walking backwards, paying attention to the dirty floor, I heard footsteps. People are instructed to stay in their rooms during the cleaning hours, so who could have the balls to disobey orders from Captain?

I straightened my back and stretched out my arms that were hurting 'cause of the constant hunching and moving back and forth. Before I could get back to cleaning I heard a loud thud and a loud voice.

I looked down to see Captain Levi, face down on the floor with papers scattered around him. He tripped over the broom.

"Captain!!" I rushed over to help him.
"Scram!" He yelled. Picking his body up, now standing, his back facing me while dusting off his clothes.
"I'm sorry Captain, I didn't see you--"
"Tch" he turned around. "Pick up my damn papers brat."
"Yes sir!!" I quickly kneeled down, picking up his papers carefully. He was too distracted cleaning his clothes from the filth he dived into. I took the chance and peeked at what the papers said.

We haven't seen Kenny or anything suspicious as of right now. I'm hoping everything is running smoothly over there. Eren and Historia must stay safe. If they get taken again, we'll fail miserably at our plan to--