"Hi Charlie!" Mina beamed, suddenly regaining the exuberance she had been lacking only moments earlier. "Why weren't you at school today? And why didn't you answer any of my texts? Why are you here, Mr Aizawa?"

"Ah, sorry. Did I worry you? My phone's broken and I was feeling a little under the weather today. I'm getting my phone fixed tonight and I'll be at school tomorrow." Charlie finished the braid by pulling an elastic off her wrist and tying Aizawa's hair with it.

"I asked Aizawa to bring the work Charlie missed today and now she's braiding his hair," Midnight piped in. "She braided mine earlier—it helps her destress."

Aizawa slowly got to his feet with a sigh. "Alright Charlotte. If you have any trouble with the content, find me at lunch when you're back at school. Try to complete this work tonight but don't worry if you can't, I understand if you have somewhere you need to be." He gave her a meaningful look that neither Todoroki nor Mina understood as he ruffled her hair affectionately. "Take care of yourself."

"Aren't you staying for dinner?" Midnight asked.

"I have a patrol shift starting soon, I was going to pick something up from the convenience store."

"The food I was making is ready, let me pack something for you to take with you!"

Aizawa smiled gratefully with a nod and followed his colleague out of the living room and into the kitchen.

Mina's phone buzzed and she checked it, a slight jolt of panic seemingly running through her system. "Ah! My dad just asked me to pick up my little brother on the way home. I've gotta run. Charlie I hope you feel better soon, text me when you can." She waved her hands rather frantically when Charlie started to get to her feet. "Stay there! You need to rest. I'll let myself out. Bye!" With that she jogged back down the hall and was gone before either of the two other teens could get a word in.

The two of them stared at the spot where Mina had once been before Charlie turned to Todoroki and pointed at the floor in front of her. "Sit and wait here. I'm going to get more elastics and try to braid your hair."

Todoroki gave her a funny look but complied nonetheless. He waited patiently, sitting on the floor with his legs stretched under the coffee table as Charlie ran to her room to get more hair ties. When she returned she promptly got to work. She parted his hair neatly and began with the white side.

"How'd you break your phone?" He asked lowly after a few moments of silence.

"Uh I think I threw it at something? I'm not really sure. I had an episode and Nemuri had to put me to sleep. When I came to the screen was shattered." Charlie let go of Todoroki's hair as the braid fell apart and started again. "I guess it's a good thing that I can't use it right now, though. I dialled my mom's old number on Friday and tried to call the police later that day. Broke it on Saturday."

"Is that why you stayed home today? Backlash episodes?"

Charlie was quiet for a few moments, finally answering right before Todoroki was going to nervously change the subject. "Yeah... my dad's in the hospital and we weren't sure which way it was going to go over the weekend so my quirk kind of went weewoo these past few days." She cursed softly, "your hair's too short so the braid is super messy but whatever it's good enough." She pulled an elastic off her wrist and started tying. She got to work on the red side. 

"Is he going to be alright?"

"If I had come home any later he probably would've died, but he's fine now. It was alcohol poisoning so he'll have some liver damage. He's being transferred to a rehab centre tonight. I came home to take a shower and eat but I'm going back in a bit––want to stay over for dinner?"

Todoroki bit his lip, imagining the panic Charlie must have endured to come home to find her father half dead, especially considering what had happened with her mother. No wonder her quirk backlash had been bad that weekend. "Sure."

"Give me your phone. I want to take a picture of your braids and send it to myself."

Todoroki pulled his phone out of his pocket, unlocking it and opening the camera in selfie mode to quickly check how he looked. His appearance without his hair covering his forehead was not a sight he was used to. Some hairs were falling the braid and only the hair on the top of his head was braided since it wasn't long enough for all the strands to be caught. Should he grow out his hair slightly? Then Charlie could braid it whenever she wanted to with no problems. 

He handed his phone to her and she snapped a picture.

"What do you have my number saved as? I can't find my contact."

"Wrong."

"You have my contact name as Wrong? Why?"

"Your last name is Wright, so I made it wro––listen, I thought it was funny at the time. What do you have mine saved under? Just my name?"

"Toad."

"Why?"

I don't know how to explain it but this man is just so sexy.

I'm pretty sure he's the reason I have a crush on my homeroom teacher