In a Flash to the Past

Ann and Futaba rushed in with bags of sweets and were out of breath.

"What the hell happened?" Ann asked setting the bag down.

"Ryuji is what happened." Akira answered, pushing up his glasses.

"What?! But he's dead." Futaba said looking shocked.

"Well, really it's his shadow. His heart has been distorted for some reason. It must have been because of what has been happening lately. His act of lust, desperation, and jealousy. It created this. A world where everyone would perish under his own will just because he couldn't accept rejection. This...This is all my fault."

"No this is no one's fault. He made these choices and made himself corrupted. We have to change his heart before it's too late." Yusuke said putting the curry in boxes.

"There are so many questions I want to ask, but there's just no answer. How did we get in here anyway?" He asked feeling a pain in his stomach.

"It must have been we were asleep where he transferred us here. The how is a mystery to me." Morgana said getting off Akira's lap.

"Then why are not in our outfits and you're not transformed?" Ann asked.

"That I don't know. What we need to focus on now is the palace. We have to find it."

"Well where could it possibly be?"

"Uh... well..."

"We don't have time for this. Come on!" Akira said getting up.

"To where? We don't know a damn thing where were going." Ann pointed out, looking outside.

"This is what we're going to do. We need to search two places that could potentially give us clues about this distorted desire of Ryuji's. This is our only safe room that we know of so far. Morgana Makoto, Ann, and I will go left. Haru, Yusuke, and Futaba you go right. Alright, Let's go."

The two groups split up looking for clues to end this living nightmare.

"We should be using our code names right? Since we're in the metaverse?" Makoto asked trying to keep up with Akira.

"Well... I don't know. Maybe we should just in case." Akira said with uncertainty.

"Alright Joker. Where are we going?" Morgana asked scratching his ear.

"I want to go to his apartment. He may have something hidden there."

"That's a good start. If I know Ryuji, he's bound to keep something at home."

When they entered the apartment, there was a sign that said, "One person only may enter."

"Do you think we should take the sign seriously?" Mona asked.

"Well we don't want to die here so we might as well. So I suppose Joker should go in alone." Makoto said.

Joker nodded and opened the door. He went in and the door closed immediately. There was nothing but glowing objects around the room. Joker went to the closest object which was a broken beer bottle. When he grabbed it, there was a flash back. It was between Ryuji and his father.

~~Start of Flashbacks~~

"Dad! Y-you're scaring me." Ryuji said bawling.

"You are shit ass baby that is not a son of mine. I swear I'll beat your ass until you regret you were born."

Ryuji's dad continues to punch and kick his son while he helplessly cries for help... but no one came.

~~End of Flashback~~