Love Sacrifice

Joker had woken up to hear stomping around the room to see Skull running around the room.

"Skull... What are you doing?"

"Get some stretches in before we move on with the palace. I thought if it were just us, you wouldn't mind if I did this. Sorry did I wake you up?"

"Yeah but it's fine. You know I just realized. We haven't gotten a map for your palace yet. How come you don't have a map."

"Beats me. I honestly know places like the back of my hand to just go there by memory. Having a shitty map everywhere I go just makes me look like I'm a tourist."

"Truth be told, you would make a hot tourist that I would fall in love with."

Skull blushed under his mask and was embarrassed to say anything.

"Wow, I-I didn't expect that."

"Well, shall we get going?"

"Wait do we have anything to eat?"

"Well let's see."

Joker started rummaging in his pockets and pulled out all kinds of stuff.

"Dude... how big are your pockets?"

"I honestly don't know. I've put so many things in here that it doesn't even stain my jacket. I even put Mona in here and he saw everything that was in there. A bunch of items, pencils, a neck-, uh scratch that."

"A necklace? I never knew you were into jewelry."

"I'm not. This necklace... was for you."

"For me?"

"I've been meaning to give it to you for the longest time, but we were always surrounded by the other thieves or you left quickly before others, or I would get your attention and say never mind. It was because I could never get the courage to give it to you cause I was afraid that you wouldn't like me and stop being my friend."

"Joker, dude. I-I wouldn't care if you gave me it. I'm a dude that goes with any shit flowing around me. I learn how to embrace it and move on with life. I would never look at you differently as I do now. Any gift you give me I always appreciate and cherish."

"Th-thanks. So uh...," Joker said breaking into the nervous sweat, "Do you want it?"

"Of course."

Joker took out the necklace out of his necklace and Ryuji smiled. It was a gold necklace with skull beads and a golden joker from a playing card attaching it. Skull took it and held by the joker. He saw a little part sticking out and opened it to see him and Joker at Fantasyland smiling. He closed it and looked at Joker.

"I love it. This means so much to me. I'll wear it everyday from now on." Skull said putting the necklace on.

"I'm glad you liked it. Well if that out of the way. Are you ready to go?"

"Joker... we need to eat."

"Right. I forgot." He laughed.

Joker pulled out two curry plates and two sodas for them to eat. For some reason the curry was hot and the soda was cold which made no sense to them, but they just ate it and talked.

"Man that was some good curry. Who made it?" The blonde said with a grin.

"I did. I decided to add a bit more spices into mine to add more flavor to it."

"I see. Well I think we're ready to head out."

Joker nodded and they headed out of the safe room. When they came out the hallway was dark and nothing could be seen but from what was in front of them.