- 𝗌𝗂𝗉𝗉𝗒 𝖼𝗎𝗉 -

" blood money, blood money

" blood money, blood money. how did you afford this ring that i love honey? 'just another shift at the drug company.' he doesn't think i'm mad fucking dumb does he? "

[ Y/n ]

Tyler slunk out of bed early in the morning, as he usually did. This time I watched him. He got dressed, washed up, ate a snack, made his coffee, and gave me a kiss. Nothing suspicious.

My back hurt from last night, I didn't plan on getting out of bed.

. . .

By 9 pm Tyler wasn't back. I dug through his suitcase but the plastic case was no longer inside. No, there's an explanation for this. That wasn't a gun. Or.. The mafia, it's dangerous here! Exactly!

I stood up and stopped. How could I be so oblivious?

On the table, there was a Manila file. I grabbed it, bringing it to the bed. I set it down but before I opened it I grabbed a bottle of wine from the wine chiller. I opened it, not bothering with a glass.

I downed a few gulps and then returned to the folder. I opened it, my heart racing.

No.

There's an explanation for this too.

There were pages of people, prices, and red x's. I'd seen most of these people's cases on tv. Their murders or disappearances. Not to mention the wild amounts of money at the bottom of the page. I looked down at my ring, then pulled out my phone. I took a photo of it, reverse image searching the ring. Nothing came up for it so I pulled it off.

Blue Nile was engraved into it so I typed that in. I found their representative's phone number and called them.

"Hello, thank you for reaching out to Blue Nile. How can I assist you today?"

"Hi, my fiancé bought a ring from you but I can't seem to find it on the website... Can you tell me how much it might've cost?"

"Sure, what's your fiancé's name miss?"

"Tyler Schultz..."

I could hear the woman typing. "Interesting last name, he definitely has some sort of European heritage." I hummed, thinking back to when I met his mother. She had told me about how his father was from West Berlin (as it was commonly known at the time). Neither of them speak any sort of German though.

"Okay, let's see here... Schultz... Ah, can I get a credit card confirmation really quickly? The expiration date is fine."

I got up, grabbing his wallet and pulling out his credit card.

"It's 12/25." I answered, becoming impatient.

"Perfect. So you wanted to know the price?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Well, Mr. Tyler ordered a custom ring. He designed it beautifully, does he study jewelry?"

"No, he's one of the higher ups for a large business though so I'm sure he's spent time around a lot of expensive jewelry like this."

The woman chuckled and I waited another moment.

"$55,000."

My jaw dropped. We don't have that money. "Th-thank you." Before she could say anything I hung up. I don't know why the price of the ring solidified the fact but it did. I couldn't process shit. I turned the tv on, putting my attention on that and the wine.

. . .

By the time Tyler came home I had finished the wine. He walked over to the bed and stared at me. "Baby-"

"You killed them."

He looked down at the folder then back up at me. I know I look like a wreck and it's because I am. My makeup smeared, wine on my breath, my hair a mess... "Princess." Tyler spoke sternly. I stood up, stumbling over to him. "You're a fucking killer." My voice trembled as I faced him. "Tyler you... You're disgusting."

I could see my words hurt him.

"The ring, where'd you get the money from Tyler?" He didn't say anything. "Which one did you kill for this ring." I pushed him. He picked me up, carrying me over to a chair. Tyler set me down and I watched as he undressed in front of me. He left his pants on and crouched down in front of me. He suddenly turned and amount my scratches there was a deep cut.

I gagged, backing away. Tyler stood back up, walking over to his bag. He pulled out his toiletries bag and handed me some stuff to clean it. I took it and he sat down, waiting for me to clean the cut.

. . .

Tyler and I stood in the bathroom, I'd sobered up a bit. "Baby, I would never hurt a good person. All of those people are the worst people you can find. The... The first page, the most recent hit was the leader of the mafia that New York's been struggling with. They've been killing innocent people Y/n/n.."

My lip quivered and I stared at him. "You promise?" I whispered. "That I'll never hurt an innocent person? I swear." He stepped closer, grabbing my hands in his. "I swear Princess..."

Author note:
Oh Kylie the drama.
I love love love this story ngl
But I fucking hate how gifs are all different sizes
Like, ughhhh it ruins the aesthetic >:(