15. Letters and Lies

Second Book

End of June, 1993
Fourth Year

It was safe to say, Ara and Adrian's plan had worked.

The pair had been giddily happy ever since they'd gotten back to the Slytherin common room, even more so after hearing that Harry had actually bested the Basilisk.

Adrian had looked incredibly bewildered upon hearing the news.

"I don't like him, but I've got to admit, that Potter's got a lot of nerve!"

To top off the great news, Hermione had definitely heard Ara that night in the infirmary, and thankfully kept everything to herself.

Whenever Ara glanced over to the younger girl, she'd notice Hermione already staring, a look on her face that made it seem like she was desperately trying to solve some kind of puzzle.

The blonde would just chuckle and look away.

It had been a good year. For the most part.

Ara's father had been fired from his job as Governor for Hogwarts, but he was Lucius Malfoy. With the connections he had, he could probably be the next Minister of Magic if he wanted, so Ara wasn't worried. Also, the Malfoy's inheritance didn't leave much reason to worry, even if Lucius didn't want to work.

But other than that, everything really seemed to have fallen into place, even Professor Lockhart got sacked!

Thank Merlin.

The twins had, after a lot of convincing, agreed to stop asking Ara about why she needed The Marauders Map. Although Fred couldn't help but tease her a bit.

"Aren't you glad we nicked it all the way back in First Year?"

Ara smiled to herself, and then, sensing that she wasn't alone anymore, looked to her right. She was on the Hogwarts Express, and she had been standing in the trains corridor by herself while looking out of a window.

"Hello, Harry," Ara grinned and turned her head towards the window again.

She watched the landscape whizz by her, the train ride home was always very peaceful.

"Hello," Harry mumbled back, he was standing next her.

Neither of them said anything else for a while after that.

"We'll be getting to the station soon," Ara mused, Harry nodded, obviously preoccupied by his own thoughts, "-Earth to Harry?"

The boy snapped his head over to Ara, who looked him up and down, clearly amused.

"Take good care of Dobby, will you?"

The boy gasped, Ara chuckled and turned back to watch the moving landscape.

"Wha-what? I mean, how-"

"He was quite kind to me in my childhood," Ara mused, not bothering to look at the boy next to her, "-I believe my mother might even have a photograph or two of me with him,"

"B-but, you- you're-"

All that stuttering.

"My father would be livid if he found out, but mum has always been quite good at hiding things from him," Ara shrugged, seemingly speaking more to herself than Harry.

"What's that saying, I believe muggles use it? Like mother, like daughter?"

"Yes,"

Ara smiled softly and nodded, seemingly true.