8. Baby Brother

First Book

September 1st, 1991
Third Year

Lucius Malfoy had come to say goodbye to his children this school year, but Ara knew it was only for Draco's sake. It was his First Year after all, Lucius would put aside any problems he had with Ara to say goodbye to his darling son.

Ara didn't see much of her brother once on the train, she had been to busy catching up with all the other, now Third Year, students.

Once almost at Hogwarts, she'd decided to abandon Adrian and the rest of her Slytherin friends to check on Draco.

Upon realizing that he wasn't in the train compartment he'd told her he'd be in, Ara had quickly gotten worried and gone looking for him

"You're going to fight us, are you?"

"Unless you get out, now,"

"But we don't feel like leaving, do we, boys? We've eaten all our food, and you seem to have some-"

"Excuse me?" Ara gasped once she reached the compartment where the voice of her brother, and his friends, was coming from.

She'd slid the door open and stepped inside.

There stood Vincent Crabbe, Gregory Goyle, her curse, Draco and two other boys that Ara did not recognize.

"Ara-" The boys eyes widened upon seeing her, and, in that moment, a fat, rodent-like creature bit into Gregory's finger as he was reaching for a sweet.

That clearly did not belong to him.

"Salazar's sake," Ara covered her mouth at the scene.

She watched in shock as Goyle screamed and began thrashing his hand around. When the rat finally let go of Gregory, it was, in turn, flung into the train compartment window with a thud.

"What's going on?" A small, bushy haired witch burst into the compartment, and stood next to Ara.

The blonde Third Year shot her a curious look, but then brought her attention back to a more pressing matter, which was the commotion her brother and his friends had caused.

Once free of the rat, Gregory fearfully turned to Ara.

The girl knew his mother, and well at that, he was scared stiff she'd write her about this.

"It bit me so hard-" He tried to save his arse by feigning being hurt.

"Serves you right!" Ara hissed, feeling no sympathy for the boy, "-All three of you, you should be ashamed of yourselves! You haven't even stepped foot in Hogwarts and are already causing trouble! Scram to your own compartment, now!"

"But-"

"Shoo!"

The three boys scampered off, rightfully embarrassed to have been caught misbehaving by the older girl.

Draco, who was stuck behind his two friends, was the last to leave the compartment. He hoped Ara would let him go without causing any further mortification.

That, unfortunately, had not been the case.

His sister grabbed his shoulder, stopping him just before he left.

"And you, little boy, you should know better than to be picking fights! Do not let me catch you misbehaving again or you'll get the hexing of your life!"

"But Ari-" The boy nearly whined and then abruptly stopped, turning a few shades pinker as he glanced back at the three strangers in the compartment.