33. Yule Ball: Part Two

Fourth Book

December 25th, 1994
Sixth Year

Fred and George had very distinct voices, at least, Ara had always thought so. Therefore, if all else failed, listening to the twins speak was her fool-proof way of telling them apart.

Ara glanced around the Great Hall, looking for her actual date, only to see him and Angelina speaking to each other quietly, about something quite clearly serious.

"My apologies, I mistook you for someone else," The blonde muttered harshly, pulling away from Fred.

"I can pretend to be George, save you from embarrassment?" Fred offered, grabbing Ara by the arm and lowering himself to her ear, "-Although I assume you'd much rather I be myself,"

Ara rolled her eyes before leaning towards Fred.

"Fuck you,"

"I know you'd love to," Fred nodded, "-Is that why you're here with my brother? Did you think getting me jealous would result in me fucking you?"

Ara glared at the boy whispering lewd things into her ear.

"I didn't do it for you, I did it for George," Ara hissed, "-He wanted to make Angelina jealous and I agreed, it had nothing to do with you,"

"Sure," Fred nodded, "-Angelina had the same idea, you know, wanting to make George jealous,"

Oh.

Ara bit the inside of her cheek, she tried to ignore the lingering eyes watching her and Fred argue quietly.

"-You see, despite going with me, my twin was the one she really wanted, perhaps you can relate, in a way?"

"I can't relate, in any way," Ara said coolly, Fred's jaw tightened, "-I was quite content with George as my date, it's not like I wanted you, you're too much of a man-whore for my liking,"

"Man-whore?" Fred smiled wickedly, forcing the hairs on the back of Ara's neck to rise.

Without waiting another second, the Gryffindor dragged Ara out of the Great Hall.

The Slytherin, who didn't want to make a scene, silently fought against him by planting her feet on the ground firmly. Unfortunately, combining her high-heels with Fred's very strong self, the silent act of rebellion hadn't been nearly as annoying as she had hoped it would be.

When Fred finally pulled her out of the Great Hall, and away from prying eyes and ears, Ara allowed herself to emote.

"What's wrong with you?!" She yelled angrily as Fred dragged her out of Hogwarts and into the school gardens, "-You've got so much nerve!"

Fred ignored her, silently pulling her through the greenery outside of their school. The pair didn't acknowledge the occasional snogging couple they'd come across.

"-Would you let go of me? You annoying prick!" Ara snapped, Fred chuckled under his breath before practically throwing the blonde behind the school and against a wall.

Despite being free of the boys grip, and the cold winter temperatures, Ara didn't leave, she stayed pressed against the cool wall while staring at Fred.

The pair eyed each other angrily, and silently, for a long time.

"Go," Fred muttered suddenly, turning his back to Ara.