5. Flu Season

Emmett's P.O.V.

Things with Bella have been complicated ever since she turned two. She's been very resistant with all of us, and 'no' has become her favorite word. Today is especially tough for all of us.

"Come on, Bella. You need to eat." I hear Rosalie say as she attempts to get Bella eat something fowl smelling in the kitchen.

"No." I hear Bella say as her scent lightly exits the kitchen and enters the living room, she must be shaking her head or something.

"Bella." Edward sternly says.

"No, no, no." Bella says and more of her scent rushes into the living room.

"Alright, Munchkin. Why don't you want to eat?" I burst into the kitchen and ask.

Bella looks down at the table of her high chair, then looks up at me before she answers.

"Not hungy." Bella says as she places her hands down on the high chair table. At the same moment she sets her hands down, her stomach loudly growls.

"Bella, are you telling the truth?" Edward asks, she gives him a questioning look and nods her head.

"Are you feeling okay, Munchkin?" I ask, and watch as tears start to slowly weld up in Bella's eyes as she shakes her head and answers.

"No, hurt." Bella says as she points to her head, then both of her legs. Before any of us can react, Carlisle rushes into the kitchen.

"Bella, honey what hurts?" Carlisle asks, Bella again points to her head and legs.

"Does it hurt more right here?" Carlisle asks, as he barely puts pressure on Bella's knees.

"Ow, Dada hurt." Bella nearly screams and the tears fall down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, honey." Carlisle apologizes, then wipes the tears away from Bella's face.

"It's a growth spurt. It'll hurt for the next few days. As the days go on, the pain will dull down and she'll be back to normal." Carlisle says as he turns to face us.

"How can a growth spurt cause her to not want to eat?" I ask and watch as Edward keeps his eyes on Bella, who lays her head on the high chair table.

"Pain can sometimes over take normal human instincts like eating." Carlisle explains as he looks back to Bella. Bella immediately raises her head and a look of pure terror comes across her face.

"Em Em." Bella says as she holds her arms out to me. I quickly go to her and pick her up out of the high chair.

"Carlisle, she's burning up." I say once I pick her up. Bella lays her head on my shoulder, and I feel her stomach move in a weird way as I hold her.

"Emmett, get her to the bathroom, now! She's about to be sick." Edward warns, I waste no time and rush out of the kitchen and to the bathroom under the stairs.

Right as I enter the bathroom, Bella begins to fiercely cough. In between each cough Bella does, she starts to heave.

"It's alright, Munchkin. Everyone gets sick." I say as Bella begins to cry from exhaustion.

As I slowly bring Bella out of the bathroom, Edward, Rosalie, and Carlisle come out of the kitchen.

"What's going on?" Esme worriedly asks as she enters the house through the front door with Alice and Jasper right behind her.

"We heard what sounded like Bella throwing up." Jasper says as he looks to Bella.

"You weren't wrong about that. It appears she is going through a growth spurt and possibly the flu." Carlisle says, Esme gasps and rushes over to Bella and me.