2. Milestone

Alice's P.O.V.

"That's it, Bella. You can do it, come to Sissy." I say trying to encourage a now Ten month old Bella, to take her first steps. Edward stands a good Six feet away from me hovering over Bella as she grasps both of his index fingers in her tiny hands.

Edward slowly takes his fingers out of her hands, and watches her to make sure she keeps her balance. A look of uncertainty comes across Bella's face and she looks back at Edward.

"You can do it, Bella. I know you can." Edward says and a smile forms across his face. Bella turns her head back to me and a determined gleam flashes in her eyes. A soft smile plays on her lips as she takes the first step, then the second step.

She takes a few more steps. As she reaches the middle of the space between me and Edward, she stops and sits down.

Bella looks back at Edward and rubs her eyes. Edward runs to her and picks her up.

"Come on, Edward. She was about to get it. You don't need to constantly coddle her all the time." I say -showing him a vision of her walking the distance- as I run up to him and take Bella from him.

Bella starts to get fussy and reach for Edward as I take her to the other side of the living room where the rest of the family sit and watch.

"Emmett." I say, motioning him over with my hand. Emmett smiles, then gets up and sits on the floor. He sits a foot farther away from me than Edward had stood.

"Come here, Munchkin. Come to your big brother." Emmett says as he starts to make funny faces and talk in a baby voice to her.

Bella rolls her eyes and pats my arm, letting me know to put her down. I stand her up on the floor and she takes hold of my index fingers in her hands.

Edward stands behind Emmett and watches Bella very intently as she starts to take her steps again. Just like before, she takes one step at a time, until she has her own little wobbly rhythm down. When Bella reaches the middle of the space, she doesn't stop, she keeps going until she reaches the safety of Emmett's arms.

As Emmett hoists her up in the air, everyone erupts in cheers and applause. Bella smiles a Two teeth smile and claps her hands as Emmett places her up on his shoulders.

"We knew you could do it, Bella!" Esme says clapping, and then she takes Bella off of Emmett's shoulders.

"A new designer outfit is on its way, for what you just accomplished." I say as I run up to Bella and kiss her on the cheek.

Bella looks around searching for who we can only guess could be Edward. She spots him and claps her hands, then she wiggles and stretches toward him. He zooms over to her and Esme gives her up willingly.

Edward lifts Bella into the air, and he looks at her with an ecstatic look in his eyes, she looks back at him with a look of wonder in her eyes. They stare at each other, and look as though they are having a silent conversation.

"Snack time, Bella?" Esme asks, Bella looks away from Edward and then to Esme and smiles, which at the moment means 'yes' for Bella.

Esme darts into the kitchen and is back in seconds with a little bowl filled with a mixture of yogurt puffs and Cheerios. Edward takes the bowl from Esme and sits down on the floor, then places Bella in his lap. He hands the bowl to Bella, and she begins to eat. Bella picks up a yogurt puff, and closes her hand around it, then she turns to look at Edward.

"What is i--?" Edward begins to ask, but doesn't get to finish because Bella shoves the yogurt puff into his mouth. With a look of pure disgust on his face, Edward manly swallows the yogurt puff. At this point, all of us, including Bella are laughing from the look on Edward's face.