4. Presents

Bella's P.O.V.

As Emmett takes me from Edward, I watch Edward's face drop. Out of all the siblings in the house, he's the most protective of me. For only being one year old, I have a lot of attitude and a lot I want to say, but I can't hardly talk yet. So, my gestures, limited words, and facial expressions are all I have to communicate with.

As Emmett opens the front door, I see Rosalie standing next to a big wrapped unidentifiable shape. Rosalie has a huge smile on her face as she takes me from Emmett and sets me next to whatever is wrapped.

"Could you have gotten a bigger one?" Alice asks as she and the others step on to the porch from inside the house.

"We got the biggest one we could find. Plus, Rosalie put a lawn mower battery in it, so it'll go decently fast." Emmett says, and everyone shakes their heads, I look at him with what I hope is a look of confusion on my face.

"Go on, Bella. Tear the wrapping paper off and find out what it is." Rosalie says, I look at her and then back at the mystery object. I pull the paper off the side of the object and see a shiny black surface, I get so excited that I take hold of the paper and carefully tear it off all the way around the object. I pull the paper off and in front of me sits a big toy truck.

I squeal with excitement and everyone laughs as I wobbly hop up and down.

"Well, looks like she likes it." Emmett says, and claps his hands. Rosalie picks me up and places me in the truck. As I sit in it, I look around and everyone has big smiles on their faces.

"Okay, Bella. Put your hands here, and push that peddle." Rosalie says pointing at a round wheel and then at a peddle on the floor.

I put my hands where Rosalie says, and then push my foot down on the peddle, the truck jolts forward and it startles me. I move my foot away from the peddle, and I look at everyone on the porch and begin to whimper. Edward begins to move toward me, but Alice stops him.

"Awe, it's okay Munchkin. You just need to put your foot on the peddle slowly and not push it so fast." Emmett says, I slowly nod and try again, this time I put my foot slowly on the peddle and it begins to slowly move forward. As I get the hang of driving the toy truck, everyone claps and cheers. I end up going in circles for what I think is a few minutes.

"Alright, Bella. Are you ready to open more presents?" Alice asks, and comes down the porch and over to where I'm making circles.

"Pesents?" I ask, as I stop the truck and look at her with hopefully a look of wonder in my eyes. Everyone laughs and shakes their heads.

"Yes, Bella. You have more inside." Jasper says as he tilts his head toward the front door.

"Ed." I say and raise my arms, Edward quickly comes over to me and picks me up out of the toy truck.

"You're never gonna stop being her favorite person." Jasper says as we enter the house. As we reenter the living room, I see a mountain of wrapped objects sitting in the middle of the room.

"Pesents!" I exclaim, everyone laughs as they watch me start to squirm in Edward's arms, he sets me down in front of the presents. I clap with excitement as Alice hands me a long wrapped box.

"This is from me, Bella." Alice says, I pull at the wrapping paper and tear a corner off. Everyone watches as I slowly tear off the rest of the paper. I see a box in place of the wrapping paper, and look at Alice confused.

"Box?" I ask not knowing what to do next.

"Silly Bella. The box isn't your present, what's inside the box is." Alice says and carefully opens the box, and pulls out three different outfits.