Chapter 32: Revelations

The room was quiet. None was sure of what to say. Desmond sat at his desk while Penny stood at his side. The Elders seemed deep in thought as well. It has been an hour or so since the battle in the forest. Everyone still trying to digest what all occurred... what they witnessed.  

Colton ran Belle back to the pack doctor while the Beta gathered his wife doing the same. Jane had a mild burn on her rib cage but it was more painful for her to transform back due to it. Belle on the other hand has not woken up yet. Penny called Grace to inform her of what was going on. She was thankful Grace kept the other girls at home. She did not wish to stir up any more questions from the Elders. Grace however said she wouldn't be able to keep them apart for too long. The girls were inseparable which Penny would have to agree with. 

Knock Knock

Everyone stood as the door open revealing the pack doctor. The woman giving a bow before straightening back up. 

"How is everyone?"

"The children seemed to be fine. They were more concerned over the future Luna and Beta Jane. Our female Beta is resting now but she should be fully healed in a few days..."

She trails off while everyone continues looking to her expectantly. "And Jezabelle?"

"Our future Luna has drained herself of her energy. She woke up trying to choke one of the nurses momentarily before collapsing again. She has a strong grip." Penny smirked picturing it. "Alpha Colton has requested we move her to his chambers. I agreed as long as she continues to rest."

"Will she be okay?" Penny questions out loud. The pack doctor hesitates for a moment. 

"Based off what I know of witches, yes... she will be. Please keep in mind, I do not know their physiology like I do ours."

"Thank you" Desmond says. The doctor bows her head and exits while Desmond turns hugging Penny. 

"We are no longer concerned on her capabilities." Penny grins momentarily. "However we do still have to deal with the repercussions of the attack." 

Penny's grin dropped. Were they seriously going to blame her for doing exactly what they asked?!? She takes a step away from Desmond towards the Elders. All eyes train on her. 

"What exactly do you mean?" She says with as much calmness as she can muster. Her hands clasped together in front of her. 

"We will need to speak to the head of the local Coven and make sure this doesn't turn into a war. Although Ms. Roman's actions were heroic... They also may result in a larger issue."

"Would you have rather allow her to let those witches kill our infants?" Penny says as her eyes begin flickering yellow. 

"Of course not... But their could have been other means rather than killing them."

"ARE YOU-"

"Penny" Desmond says cutting her off. Penny locks her jaw and leaves the room immediately. Fully aware of what may have been said if not for her husband. The door shutting with a loud bang. She stomps away from the room as she heads to the infirmary. 

All the Elders follow her figure until she exits turning back to the Alpha. Desmond standing their with a stone cold expression. His eyes barely containing the rage within them. His eyes moving over each one of them before speaking. 

"Jezabelle Roman saved members of our pack tonight. She did what was necessary to protect them and I will NOT condone her for her actions. She is a witch. She killed ones of her own kind tonight while protecting an entirely different species in the process. She has proven herself tonight and I will be DAMNED before I allow you to turn this into something to hold over her head. She is a Luna by birth right. No one, not even you will take that from her."