Ask Him Out! (Rusame fluff/meeting)

(Russian is typed like this)

***

The UN meeting is being held in New York City, and Russia feels like this meeting will never end. UN drones on about things that don't affect his country but he's having a hard time listening because he is also constantly being distracted by America and his exaggerated hand motions.

The hours drag on, and Russia gets lost in thought about America's laugh, smiling softly and staring into space.

"What are you thinking about?" Ukraine asks with a smirk, interrupting his train of thought.

Russia's head shoots up, and his face grows hot. Ukraine laughs.

"You should ask!" he teases, and Russia fights the urge to pull his hat over his face. Russia waves him off, but the idea sticks. 

He begins to think and as the meeting drags on, plans out a way to ask America out to eat.

Russia stands as soon as the meeting is dismissed and approaches America, with only one thing on his mind.

"Would you like to go to dinner with me?" Russia asks as he extends a hand out to help America up.

America chokes on his drink.

"WhAt?" America exclaims, and his voice cracks. America's white stripes turn red.

"If you do not want to-" Russia replies, looking sheepish, and he begins to retract his hand. He curses himself, and his eyes lock on his shoes.

"NO! No, it's...it's not that," America soothes quickly. 

Russia looks back up and sees America running a hand through his hair.

"I'd love to! I would. I just wasn't expecting it," America explains.

America stands up and throws his bag over his shoulder. He flashes Russia with a smile that turns Russia into a puddle of fuzzy feelings and love-struck smiles. Russia's face goes red, and his mind goes blank.

"Well, did you have anywhere in mind?" America asks.

"I..uhm..yes?...N-...uhm..." Russia stammers out.

America laughs and grabs Russia's hand. Russia stares down at his hand in surprise.

"Come on, I know a place," America chirps, and he runs out of the room, dragging Russia behind him. 

Russia could've sworn he saw Ukraine wink.