Chapter 20

Lauren's pov.

After my conversation with Hayden, I felt sudden confidence. So it was then that I jumped off my bed and changed out of my sweats.

I decided to just put on a lavender cropped top that crosses in the front. I pair it with a Jean skirt. I'm not sure why, it just felt cute. After, I brushed my hair out and braided it simply. I put on some ankle boots and headed downstairs.

"Mom! I'm heading out!" I shout. I stop moving when I hear no response. Then I call out again. "Mom?"
"Moms not home!" Darian shouts.
"Oh. Well I'm heading to Will's house! See You!" I shout back.

"OKAY HAVE FUN!!" Darian shouts after me.
"USE PROTECTION!!" Maddie adds on.
"Maddie!!" I shout at her.
"Kiddingggg. Mostly." She says. I just chuckle, shaking my head at her and I head out.

I decided not to ask anyone for a ride. In reality his house wasnt far. I would just walk. I cant help but wonder what'll happen when I get there.

If I'm honest I'm not sure what I'm going to do or say. But I trusted Hayden. He said to go get Will cause he 'knew for a fact' he liked me.

All I know is I have to do something. And if he doesnt like me. That's fine. I can deal with heartbreak. I'm 15 years old after all. I quicken my pace, eager to speak to him.

All these What Ifs and thoughts race through my head as I begin to run. I wont doubt myself now. My poor shoes are suffering right now. Good thing they're older and I don't wear them often.

I'm nearly out of breath when I reach Will's street. I slow down and walk slowly towards the door, pushing my fly aways from my face. I dont see any cars in the driveway so I cant help but wonder if hes not home.

Eh I'm still gonna give it a shot. I knock on the door and hear someone call out from in the house,
"One second!!" The voice I can only recognize as Will's yells. I stand there, shifting in my spot nervously.

I stop moving once I hear the door open. I look up to see the one and only Will, standing there, looking down at me. His hair's a bit of a mess and hes in the same button down and jeans from earlier.

I can't help but notice a few buttons loosely undone on his shirt and its wrinkled a little at the bottom. I giggle to myself slightly at this observation.

"Lauren what are you doing here??" He asks, eyeing me up and down.
"Will.... listen." I start, pausing to think through what I'm about to do. "I've been thinking and, uh, a friend of mine helped me realize something really important."

He raises an eyebrow at my words. I open my mouth to speak again but my brain can't comprehend what I want to say. I take a deep breath before I blurt something out I didn't think I would.

"Do you like me?" I ask abruptly, shocking him and myself.
"What do you mean? Of course I like you why would we be friends if I didnt-" he responds and I find myself cutting him off.

"No. Do you like me?" I state again. His eyes widen and I see him open his mouth to speak but his time he cant come up with words. "Oh. Will if that's the case maybe we should just stop whatever this-"

"What are you talking about??" He cuts me off, angrily.
"Will I don't want either of us to get hurt." I say in defense.
"What do you mean get hurt?!" He yells. Ugh why does he have to be hot when he's pissed
"Will please calm down." I respond quietly.

"What, did Johnny put you up to this?!" He continues to shout. I can tell hes really mad. I sigh and turn around to walk away. I'm quickly whipped back around as Will grabs my wrist. "You don't get to just walk away!"

I look down, avoiding eye contact. This isnt how I thought any of this would go.
"Is that it??" He interrogates. "Johnny told you to come here and tell me that we have to stop hanging out?!"

"That's not what I said!" I shout back and I wince as he continues to shout angrily.
"But it's what you meant isnt it?!" He asks. "So that's what happened?!" Through all his words as he keeps shouting, I flinch every time he raises his voice and finally I yell.

"NO!" I shout. "NO THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED AT ALL! THATS NOT WHAT IM HERE TO DO. BUT I CANT DO THIS 'FRENDS WITH BENEFITS' THING AS CADEN WOULD SAY! I CANT DO IT IF YOU DON'T CARE! I DONT WANT TO DO IT! AND I DONT WANNA BE LEAD ON THINKING SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN! OKAY?! I WANT TO BE LOVED. I SAID I FELT LIKE YOU DIDNT ACTUALLY LIKE ME. LIKE YOU'RE JUST USING ME FOR THIS 'FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS' THING! I CANT JUST BE YOUR GIRL TOY OKAY?! I WANT A RELATIONSHIP! NOT TO BE IN A PLACE WHERE IM SOMEONES MAKEOUT/GIRL TOY! IN A SITUATION HAVING ONE SIDED FEELINGS!"

"What?" He finally speaks, looking at me in disbelief. "Is that what you think this is?!" I let my anger out but boy his was still brewing. "You think I dont care about you!? You think I havent fallen for you with your gorgeous blonde hair and beautiful green eyes?! With that smile that lights up the room when you're happy! You think I'm using you?! You think theres even a SECOND a day where I'm not constantly thinking about you?!"

He continues to yell, inching closer to me.
"YOU THINK IT DOESN'T HURT ME TO SEE YOU UPSET?! YOU THINK I DONT CARE IF YOU'RE HAPPY OR NOT?! YOU THINK I CAN EVEN DREAM OF BEING IN A BAD MOOD WHEN IM NEAR YOU?! Well I have something to tell you. Lauren Anne Orlando you are WRONG" He shouts.

Ending his sentence, holding my face in his hands, placing his lips on mine. It's a kiss like no other I've ever experienced. This one is full of passion and forceful. I can tell we've both channeled our anger through the kiss. As we slowly pull away, I'm left in shock.

"Does that help you understand...?" He asks, I look at him and he looks almost vulnerable. "You wanna tell me the exact reason you're here?"

"I, Lauren Anne Orlando, have fallen for you...." I say quietly, he smiles at me and I look up at him before I continue my sentence. "So let's go out."

"I, William Franklyn-Miller, would be honored to go out with you." He responds and I smile softly. "And.... Afterwards if you don't hate me... I'd be honored to call you my girlfriend."

I smile and he pulls me into a hug. I just snuggle my face into his chest.
"Hmmm you smell good, Lolo." I hear him whisper in my ear. And when I tell you my heart said- wooshh.
"I know." I respond, muffled by his chest and he chuckles.

"Oh my god your arm!" He exclaims once we pull away. "Dear god I'm sorry are you okay??"
"I'm fine." I say as he shushes me. I watch in admiration at him examining my still red wrist. I see his eyes cloud with guilt. I shake my head at this-

"Don't feel guilty." I say, bringing his face back to look at me.
"I- I did that...." He stutters out in shock.
"Its really okay. It doesn't hurt that bad." I say. "I'm sorry I made you so mad."

"You are too sweet Orlando." He says, looking me in the eyes. I feel myself blush as I try to look away and he just brings me back to face him. This time I pull him in to kiss me. And I dont let go.

"Alright, come on." He says. "Do you wanna come in? My mom will flip out if she sees us making out on the porch when she gets home."

I chuckle at this and shake my head.
"I should go home. But I'll text or call you." I say and he nods, letting go of me as I stand on my tip toes to give him a quick peck and we say our goodbyes as I walk home.

I get home and walk up to my room to be greeted with Hayden sitting on my bed. I smile to myself thinking of what just happened as I flop onto the bed next to him.

"Ooh that looks like a good sign." He says, teasingly. I roll over and look at the ceiling, momentarily glancing at him. I grin even wider.
"You were right." I say, dreamily. "And now guess who has a date??"