CHAPTER 10 - Cara, I'm trying to make you mine.

When Cara woke up that morning she didn't expect to get her heart broken again. Her bedsheets lingered with his scent. She took a quick shower and set out to search for Jayden. Roaming the halls she asked a random junior if he had seen him. She was pointed towards the direction of the library.

When she walked into the library, she didn't see him sitting on any of the tables so she made her way to the shelves. She saw him, but he wasn't alone. His mouth was pressed against another girl. The sight broke her in two, she thought he liked her, guess she was wrong. Turning away and wiping the single tear which had escaped her eye, she walked towards the only place she thought would make her feel better.

When Yuri opened her dorm's door, she didn't expect to see Cara. Without a single word, Cara launched her body towards the unsuspecting girl, nonetheless, Yuri caught her and hugged her tightly.

"I really thought he liked me Ree." She whimpered.

"What happened, C?" Yuri whispered. They walked into the room and settled on her bed.

"I saw him with a girl, they were kissing in the library. She looked beautiful, she was blonde, tall and.... thin." She choked out, "Everything I'm not."

"Hey, hey, don't think that way. You're a beautiful girl, don't compare yourself to anyone out there." Yuri looked at her in concern. She was the only one who knew about the real reason why Angel and Cara had broken up. She didn't want a repeat of what had happened the last time.

Cara nodded, "You're right, I'm happy with who I am. It just sort of hit me you know? I'm not mad at him or anything, it's not like we were together but I like him, I like him so much."

"I know honey, I thought he liked you too." Yuri said with a sad smile.

After several minutes of silence, Yuri spoke again, "Hey, C, you know you're gorgeous right? Body size is not how we define beauty, what really matters is what's in here." She pointed to her heart, "and what's in here." She pointed to her brain.

"I know Yuri, don't worry, it won't be a repeat of last time. I won't stop eating or I won't over work the gym again, that was stupid of me and I've learned from my mistakes." Cara smiled reassuringly at her friend.

"Let's have a girl's day, come on, time for binging on ice cream and we need some Damon Salvatore in our system." She licked her lips at the thought of both the snacks in her sentence and Cara chuckled.

Cara didn't go to her dorm room that evening. She spent the entire day with Yuri and then went to her basement. She sat in front of her mural, a spray can in hand and looked at the half finished figure of Jayden. Like clockwork, her hands started working and she sat there, painting his form.

Three hours later, she had finished. She stood up and took a step back, admiring her work. He looked magnificent. It was a painting of him attempting a dunk shot, his muscles tensed showcasing his perfect biceps and his face having a concentrated expression. Truly magnificent.

Checking the time on her cellphone, she saw it was two in the morning. She also had a couple texts and two missed calls from Jayden. Releasing a sigh, she made her way to her room.

She walked in to see him sleeping with a book on his chest. It was open so she quietly took it and shut the book, placed it on his desk and settled on her own bed. She looked at him, the moonlight making his skin shine, he looked so peaceful, so innocent.

Cara drifted off to sleep with the thought that she had to avoid him, being so close to him was hazardous for her heart. The last thought in her mind when she finally fell asleep was that she had to move on.