Nineteen

******A/N******

Good news! I'm going to keep writing for Act Two! And I'm really glad y'all agreed because I have some (slightly?)evil plans that I'd hate to waste. It's all going to be in this same book, because ya girl is too lazy to make another book cover. 

Also, I may not post the next chapter on time. My mental health was kicking my butt this past week, and I barely got anything done. I'm just letting you guys know because I don't want you to think I've stopped writing or something because I missed an upload. We're finishing this book, dangit! 

Ok, on with the story!

*****************

After their initial shock, my parents took the news surprisingly well. Of course, they wanted me to visit often and write even more often. Laf and I assured them that that was our plan from the beginning, and they accepted that.

The next day, we decided to go over our wedding plans because if we didn't get it done then, it probably wouldn't have happened. There were lots of naps to take and cuddling to do. There were also lots of snacks to eat, which is why we were planning in the kitchen.

"Okay," he said. "I want the guys as my groomsmen. Hercules is going to be my best man."

I smiled. "And I want Theodosia as my maid of honor, Peggy as one of my bridesmaids, and I don't know who the other should be. I can't pick between Angelica and Eliza."

"Should we invite Thomas?"

"Already did. I sent him an invite a few days ago. Which reminds me, I need to invite James."

"We're not inviting any of your family, mon amour?" Laf asked me.

I groaned. "We don't have to invite them, they'll find out. We always find ways to ruin each other's lives, which is why we hate each other."

"Are you talking about your siblings? You should invite them, dear," mom said, walking into the kitchen with dad.

Dad and I shook our heads.

"My wedding, I can ban whoever I want. And they're gonna try and ruin it," I said.

Mom scoffed. "That's not true."

Dad put a hand on her shoulder. "Y/N's right Martha. They hate us."

"How could anyone hate you?!" Laf exclaimed. He looked genuinely shocked that somebody would dare say a bad thing about his fiancée and father in law. Adorable.

Dad shrugged. "They didn't want their mother to remarry."

"And we don't have the same dad so we hate each other," I angrily stated.

"How bad do you hate them?" Laf asked.

I thought for a moment. "You and Theodosia."

He shuddered. I pat his hand and somberly nodded. Mom rolled her eyes at us and pulled out a letter.

"Theodosia is with Aaron Burr, right?" she said. "Because I think we just got invited to their wedding."

"You may kiss the bride!"

"Yes, we know, Theodosia. We were all there when it happened!" I rolled my eyes at her and smiled.

We traveled up to New York for the Burr wedding, and we were leaving later tonight. Before we left, I wanted the girls to help me get my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses figured out. This was the only time we would all be together before my wedding, so we had to do it now.