"Hello class, welcome to the 2nd grade. I'm Mrs. Matthews I'm looking forward to getting to know you all this year." She introduced herself and started going over classroom rules and stuff.

Madison raised her hand and the teacher called on her. "Are you married to Mr. Matthews? Like in Girl Meets World?" The teacher furrowed her eyebrows. "Never mind."

Her best friend, Nick was laughing beside her. "You're an idiot."

"You were thinking it too," she pouted.

Her table was full with six people, all of her closest friends; Nicholas Lockwood, Mira Bennett, Ben Donovan, Allison Fell, and Layla Forbes.

So far they had all been friends since Kindergarten. Nick and Madison were born only a day after each other and took baths in the same sink as babies. They were the closest group of kids in the entire school.

While they're teacher wasn't paying attention Mira leaned forward to ask a question. "I thought you and Jason weren't friends anymore?" She asked Madison.

Madison nodded, "we're not." Jason used to be friends with them but one day he didn't sit at their lunch table and never came back.

"He told me he didn't want to sit with us because he likes one of you," Ben, who was on the same soccer team as him told while pointing at the 3 girls.

The girls all made faces at that.

"He keeps looking at us," Mira whispered.

The group all turned to look at the boy a table away who quickly looks away. "Excuse me, am I interrupting?" The teacher stopped speaking when she heard the kids nonstop chatter.

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, "kind of."

Madison smiled, "no, sorry." She said.

Their teacher looked away and the group leaned together laughing. "We should talk to him at lunch. Maybe we can all be friends again," Layla shrugged her shoulders.

They looked back at Jason. Nick shook his head. "No. My dad says not to waste time on unimportant people."

Madison looked at him. "No he doesn't. You say that."

Nick shushed her. She smiled and shook her head.

"So, everyone pick your partner. That person will help with your introduction." The kids all looked at each other with smiles already having their partners. "And it can't be someone from your group," Mrs. Matthew's added.

Just like that they were stumped. "That's unfair. I don't know anybody else," Ben sighed.

Mira walked over to Madison tapping her arm. "Jason is looking at you. I think he wants to be your partner."

Madison shook her head and turned to Nick. He shook his head to tell her no until the blonde boy was already over.

"Do you want to be partners?" He asked her.

Madison swallowed and nodded, not saying anything. "Okay. Your house?"

She nodded again and he walked away.