{01} As The Devil Descended

A swoosh, a bolt, it spread as thunder does in a night of powdery blackness inked with drizzles of blue and magenta in the horizon, twirling among the soft whispers of cottony clouds set alight by the sudden brightness.

My feet burned up, well not exactly..a wizard doesn't feel pain in dreams (others do?). And I am a wizard...well at least a buzzing, budding, spiteful one. Hah...I am an idiot..back to my dream.

Sprinkles of violet mist spread at my feet. And then BOOM! With a whistle it started encircling me as a serpent does..flicking its tongue often, threatening to gulp me down.

Gosh! Was it a Violet Dromonas..a Magenta Dragonys?...Its...well encumbering (picked that cucumber like word from master last night!) to learn the names of spell with the red flames cackling around me. Oh heck! I am distracting my dream!

The air smelled of burnt carbon-spells...

As seconds passed I felt myself being toasted alive by the halo of the violet fire. And I did what a wizard does.

A snow spell!

NIX MAXIMUS.

My throat creaked. Although for a second I was proud of remembering the spell, my hopes dashed. The fire remained.

And that's when I realized the halo around me was a VIOLET UPOTE SUPINO. Such a spell restrains magic. And here I was...turning to a burnt bread as seconds passed.

Oh! VIOLET UPOTE SUPINO can also kill someone its around. How? By gulping them.

And as the cord that tethered me to the world was reduced to its last strand, the fire went out!

The violet sparks went up in fumes.

SIGH

But then I looked at the bottom, willing my self-killing dreams to end, when I saw a piece of papyrus...burnt at its edges.

______________________________________

That was fourteen days ago. And the papyrus was a letter..it was given to me in my dreams, well as a wizard does. At least what my master did often with me.

INVENIENT ANTE
DIE PLENEA LUNEA REVERSURUS

It says..find me before the Full Moon. And fourteen days ago since the moon was already up, I believed Master meant the next moon.

And traced him I did. Though currently I am lying face down on sodden moss, witnessing an epic battle between master and an Elemental. Bolts zoomed past me, the trees creaked, the air cackled. Master had me crawling on the ground with one of his spells, and fought by himself. I couldn't move, couldn't help my master...and I was a mere spectator as the elemental thrust his sword right in master's heart...and my mind numbed. As rosy blood spread through his white tunic, the world balanced at its hinges, Master glanced at me.

Ave Quod Novus Dominus...

An angelic light surrounded me...wasn't this moment of my ascension meant to be exhilarating...

But it also meant my master was dead..and revenge remained..

Elementals were the Sons Of The Devil.

______________________________________

Author's Note - Some Latin words have been used. Such as "Ave Quod Novus Dominus" in English means.."Hail the new master".

"Invenient Ante Die Plenea Lunea Reversurus" in English means.."Find me before the next full moon"

Hope it makes for an enjoyable read. And the comment and stars button are just another click away.