"Hello! I'm Niki, how can I help." A petite women with long blonde hair and beaming blue eyes squeaked nervously. George felt a tinge of disappointment in his gut as part of him low-key had expected to see his mom pop out behind the counter.

"We're looking for someone miss, think you could help us out?" Dream stepped forward, hidden behind a cloak. The small woman had a bit of confusion mixed with fear on her features as she looked at the three hooded figures before her. "We won't take up too much of your time, promise."

She nodded and George explained why they'd come and who they were looking for. He left out the details of it being the previous queen and also his mother, in case this young woman would freak out. She thought for a long time before excusing her self to the back. She returned a few minutes later with a piece of paper with some markings on it.

"This is a list of all the known flora stores, like mine, in the area." George's face fell when he saw there were only six, including the one they were already in. Clairvent was a big city, this would take a while. "Four of these are run by women like myself, and the other two men. One a widower, not sure about the other. I only ask you bring no harm to these folk, they're like family to me. I give you these locations on good faith, please don't prove me a liar."

"Wouldn't dare, ma'am." George smiled under the cloak, bowed to Niki, then left the store with Dream and sapnap on his heels.

For the next five hours they'd run around the entire city of Clairvent, and still only managed to get to five of the six flower shops. After speaking to the managers of said stores, and spending a little too much time with the third one because Sapnap kept talking by to a man named Karl, the trio finally approached their last chance.

At this point George had all but given up. This was supposed to be the second of the two men who ran this store, so his theory of his mom at least having a job at one of these shops was blown. His face fell further when he read a "Closed!" sign from across the street.

It was around 5 or 6 at this point, and it was getting colder by the second. Dream saw George shiver and suggested they try to come back tomorrow. George nodded sadly but followed after the other two in search of a tavern. Sapnap had noticed one two streets over while on their way here called "The Midnight Shack." He gave it props on its creative title, but neither Dream nor George cared.

They entered the warm tavern and greeted the woman at the front desk, who looked a little worried. Sapnap lowered his cloak hood and George welcomed the nice change in temperature with a small smile.

"Hello! One room for three or three rooms per one?" The woman, who seemed to be in her 30's, smiled politely, a small shake in her voice.

"One for all." Sapnap smiled and winked at the woman and a small line a red appeared on her cheeks. She giggled like a school girl as she wrote something down on a notepad. After asking how long they'd be staying and if Sapnap wanted any extra towels, the trio headed toward their room. 

Getting a shared room was cheaper, but it made George nervous. He thought back to that abandoned house Dream had stayed in back in Versail. He thought about the bed that smelt like pinecones and vanilla... that smelt like dream

"George?" Dream snapped him out of his embarrassing thoughts long enough to keep him from walking into a wall, "You okay? I know we haven't had good luck so far but it's gotta be the last store, for dramatic effect."

"Dude, what" Sapnap looked how George felt, confused.

"Dramatic effe-... Guys c'mon! Last door has the monster behind it for suspense purposes. Makes for a better story? Guys?" Dream was waving his hands around while he talked trying to make George and Sap understand, but it was lost on them. George heard a quite "amateurs..." come from Dream's mouth as he unlocked their room's door. They filed into the room one after the other, and gasped when they saw the furniture.

The room itself was nice, cozy even, but there was an issue with the amount of beds present. Since there were only two.

"I'll sleep on the floor." Each of them said at the same time.

"Guy's for real. I'll sleep on the floor." Sapnap said humbly.

"No no, I will sleep on the floor. Take the bed, be my guest." Dream bowed.

"I really don't want to sleep on the floor so if both of you insist, I'll sleep in one of the beds." George let out a little sly giggle as he took the clock off over his head and placed it on one of the beds. 

Dream and Sapnap looked at each other and then jumped toward the other bed. After wrestling for a good five minutes, Dream ended up letting Sapnap have the other bed. Claiming he didn't want to end up hurting Sapnap, not that he was saying Sap was stronger than him.

They talked for a little while, but around 7 or 8 Sapnaps stomach growled and he suggested going down into the tavern and grabbing something to eat. Dream said he'd pass because he couldn't risk his mask giving himself away. This made George pass because he didn't want to be alone with Sapnap, but Sap went anyways. He promised to bring some bread back for the guys. 

They decided to eat some pre-packed sandwiches for dinner.

About an hour later George sprawled out like a starfish on the covers, taking a deep breath with a large smile. He heard dream chuckle slightly and peered over at him. "Hmph," He started, "Whats so funny?"

"Nothing," Dream shrugged while holding his hands up like he was pleading innocent, "...I just like-" he cut himself off.

"Like...?" George drawled, curious about what Dream was going to say. He stared at the smile on Dream's cracked mask and tried to think about anything other than the dried blood stains splattered across the not so white surface.

Dream walked over to George and sat on the edge of his bed with his back to George. Sighing, he reached up to his face and pulled the mask off. George's eyes went wide as they drilled holes in the back of Dream's head, begging for him to turn around. He wanted to see his eyes.

"George... theres something I should tell you before we leave tomorrow. Theres a good chance that person is going to know your mom, and we'll take you to her. I know after you find her your going to-"

"Give you the princes quarters map location, yes Dream. I promise. Lets not talk about this right now, I'm too tired." George interrupted Dream, not wanting to hear him go on about how he planned to kill the Prince. The prince who would be too busy running far away with his mother. 

He laid his head back down on the pillow and closed his eyes. It felt like Dream was drilling holes into him now, but he resisted the urge to open his eyes and meet with Dreams'.

After switching on a table lamp, Dream got up and turned off the main light. George rolled over on his side and kept his eyes closed tightly. It was silent in the room and George's heart began to picked up. He didn't know where Dream was until he felt pressure on the bed. His heart leaping into his throat, George felt as Dream climbed into the bed with him. Laying behind him, Dream rested his face right next to George's ear.

"I don't want to sleep on the floor." He breathed onto George's neck and sent shivers down his spine. George nodded very slightly, not even sure it was enough for Dream to notice, and stayed silent. 

George was unsure of how much time had passed, but he was sure Dream had fallen asleep. He went to get up but Dream's arm snaked around his waist and held him in place. In fact, he drew George closer into his torso. The smell of pinecones and vanilla hit George like a ton of bricks and he instantly relaxed into Dream.

After this, it didn't take George long to fall asleep. Cuddled up into the warmth of the man who in two days time would wish him dead.

A/N:

Sorry for the late update! I try to do it every week but this has been a week and a couple days. I got busy with school and just haven't been able to sit down and type. Hope you understand! /also last chapter I didn't explain some things very well so I hope I cleared that up in this chapter. Lemme know if you're confused about anything else!/