You Idiot (Levi x Oblivious Reader)

Start from the beginning

Hanji quickly looked askance, rubbing the back of her neck as she replied, "Ah, no reason! None at all!" She finished with a nervous chuckle.

Your eyes narrowed, filled with suspicion at her behavior. "Hanji..." you started.

"Oh, okay, fine!" she heaved. "Levi has been in love with you for ages, but he's too scared to admit it."

You blinked in surprise. You opened your mouth, then closed it again.

Levi...in love with you? For ages? But...no! He was your best friend. He couldn't fall in love with you.

"How do you know?" you asked skeptically, still trying to process.

"He told me, of course," Hanji stated.

"Levi told you that he was in love with me?" you clarified.

"Yes."

"Those exact words?"

Hanji shrugged. "More or less. The way he phrased it was a bit rough, but you know how he is."

You gaped at Hanji, unable to believe it.

Great. Just great. Now what were you supposed to do? You wouldn't be able to talk to your best friend anymore without feeling awkward. What if you couldn't even be friends at all after this? You didn't want to lose him. Oh, why did he have to go falling in love with you?

But...was it really so bad?

Objectively, Levi was physically attractive – very much so. And the two of you got along rather well. His snide remarks never failed to make you laugh, and you felt comfortable talking to him about anything. Whenever something good happened, he was the first person you wanted to tell. He was also the person you went to when everything was going wrong. His deep, cold voice was somehow so soothing to you, and his perfectly brewed cups of tea always lifted your spirits. And regardless of the circumstances, whenever you were near him, you felt happy. There was even this tingling sensation in your stomach...

You smacked yourself in the forehead. "Oh my gosh!"

Hanji beamed, realizing that you had finally put two and two together. "So, what do you think?" she chimed.

You glanced sidelong at her. "I think you're a terrible friend who can't keep secrets," you muttered. Then you shook your head. "And I'm a terrible person."

You relayed everything you had told Levi earlier, word for word. And now that you thought back on it, you wondered how you could have been so stupid.

"I must have really hurt him, Hanji," you mumbled sorrowfully. "I mean, I was practically shoving it down his throat that I didn't like anybody, and he liked me the whole time!"

"Well, don't just stand there!" Hanji exclaimed. "Go apologize and get your man!"

You nodded, nearly tripping several times in your rush to get out of her office. You ran through the hallways, ignoring the questioning stares from your fellow soldiers. Finally, you threw open the door to Levi's office and slammed it shut behind you.

Levi glanced up in surprise.

Before you could lose your courage, you blurted, "I'm in love with you! I'm a terrible person for taking so long to realize it, and I'm sorry if I hurt you with all that stuff I said earlier! But Hanji said that you have feelings for me, and it made me really happy, and even though I'm really hard to deal with, I'm hoping that I can be more than friends with you!"

You didn't have much breath left after that, but you held it, waiting anxiously for Levi's response.

Levi stared at you for a moment, his expression unreadable. Then he let out a soft sigh before rising from his chair and slowly crossing the room to you. He stopped mere inches away, taking your chin in his hand. "You idiot," he muttered.

Then he leaned in and kissed you.

Your whole body froze. Your eyes went wide in shock. You knew he liked you, but you hadn't been expecting him to kiss you.

But...by the Walls...Levi was kissing you.

Your eyelids fluttered closed as you melted into him. You gently slid your arms around his neck, showing that you wanted him there. A moment later, he released your chin and instead wrapped his arms around your waist, pulling you close.

It was a bit awkward at first, since both you and Levi were new to this. It took you two a minute to learn how the other one felt and moved, and how to move with them. But eventually, you got your bearings. And the sensation was absolutely exquisite.

When you pulled back for air, you couldn't help but notice how beautiful Levi looked in that moment – cheeks flushed, lips slightly parted, eyes that were so much softer than you had ever seen them. And you wondered how you had ever been oblivious to the fact that you were attracted to this strong man in your arms.

"Can I take that as a 'yes'?" you asked breathlessly.

"Tch," Levi scoffed as some of the coldness returned to his expression. "Obviously."

You giggled. "Well, that's a relief."

"You're telling me," he grunted, raising his eyebrows in a blasé manner.

You bit your lip. "Ah, yeah, sorry about that," you muttered sheepishly. "I guess I'm worse at dealing with my own feelings than I am at dealing with other people's. But at least I got there eventually." You finished with an embarrassed chuckle.

Levi shook his head. "You really are an idiot," he stated.

"But I'm your idiot," you cooed with a wink.

Levi rolled his eyes, then raised a hand to ruffle your hair. "Yeah, brat," he grumbled, though his tone lacked its normal sharpness. "You're my idiot."