Chapter Three: All I Want

Lena sat back on the couch in her office and let out a deep sigh. Sam plopped down next to her and handed her a salad.

"Okay babe, tell me everything", Sam said, unwrapping her sandwich.

"I was so freaked out I could barely breathe. I was sure my heart was going to explode," Lena said.

"Sounds about right."

"A nurse came over and got me. She was so kind. She led me to this weird room that was the polar opposite of a dentist's exam room. There was a soft recliner instead of the weird dentist chair, and there was soft music and candles. It was weird, but it calmed me down immediately."

"It sounds like she specializes in dealing with weirdos like you," Sam said, giving Lena a little poke in the ribs.

"Okay, so I close my eyes and I felt someone come into the room. My new dentist is that woman from the coffeehouse. You know the one you wanted me to go after?"

"You mean Kara?"

"Yeah. Kara Danvers."

"Holy shit. Are you serious? Okay, that's beyond adorable. Talk about a meet-cute. How did you react?"

"I just tried not to freak out. She asked me how my meeting went and I almost died right there in the chair."

"Did you get her number?"

"No. One of her patients came on to her and she fired him as a patient. It all went down in the waiting room. This woman is my last hope and I can't screw it up," Lena said crestfallen.

"But you really liked her," Sam said, unable to hide her disappointment.

"She's stunning, but I need to keep my cool. No matter how beautiful or kind she is, I need her as a dentist so much more."

Lena's cell rang. Lena grabbed her phone and looked down at the caller ID.

"I need to grab this. This is the dentist's office."

Lena hit the answer button and put it on speaker.

"Hello," Lena said into the phone.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Luthor. This is Nia, Dr. Danvers' nurse."

"Oh, hello. Is everything okay?"

"Yes... except um... we may have overextended our client list. Dr. Danvers was wondering if you would consider seeing her colleague Dr. Guzman. She just has too many clients and...," Nia said before Lena interrupted her."

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, of course not."

"I thought I was pretty well behaved," Lena said, shaken.

"You were the last patient added to the roster, so we wanted...," Nia tried to interject.

"She can fire me, but I am not leaving willingly. I need her. You do not understand how much. For the first time in my life, a dentist has made me feel completely safe. I'm sorry, but I can't accept this. I will see no one else voluntarily," Lena said, getting upset. "Please, I'm begging you. Please don't fire me. If I've done anything to upset the doctor, I am so sorry, but I just can't go to someone else. Please tell her how much I need her."

Sam put a hand on Lena's back and gave her a sad smile.

"Stay calm," Sam whispered in Lena's ear.

"Ms. Luthor, please don't get upset," Nia said, surprised by Lena's vehement plea. "We will find someone else to move to Doctor Guzman's office. Everything will be okay. Please stay calm."