Chapter Two: The Doctor

Start from the beginning

"Kar, I need you to concentrate on today and not stand around fantasizing about supermodels in crappy coffee places. God, I hate this place," Alex said, looking around at everyone drinking their ten-dollar cups of coffee.

"Sorry Alex, it's just... she was so beautiful."

"Jesus Kar. Get her number so you can return to reality. We need to get stuff ready for mom's birthday party. I swear, between your practice and your weird supermodel fantasies, I can't get you to pay attention to anything these days."

"Oh my God, no. I could never ask her for her number. Are you crazy? She looks like she would eat me for breakfast... okay, and before you say something crude, I understand how bad that sounds."

Alex gave Kara a playful punch in the arm and a wink.

"I bet she would eat you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!" Alex exploded into a fit of laughter. 

"Alex!"

"Sorry. I know, but come on. You set yourself up."

"Seriously, Alex. She was incredible. She had this unreal long shiny black hair and these lips. My God... those lips. They were so red."

"Dalex! Order for Dalex!", the barista yelled.

"Dalex? What the fuck, Kara? We are never coming back here again. How does a normal name like Alex become Dalex? Fuck it. I'll go get our order. You go outside and get some fresh air."

Kara looked around the coffeehouse, but she didn't see the woman anywhere.

Even if I saw her I would never be brave enough to give her my number or ask her out. She's her and I'm just me.

Alex grabbed their drinks and motioned towards the back door.

"Come on. Let's get out of here before I shoot someone with my gun."

"Alex... you are a frightening combination of cranky and armed. God help us all."

Kara and Alex walked out the back door with their drinks and headed towards Kara's car.

"Look at that car, Kara. It says, 'I'm the best dentist in Los Angeles!'"

"It says, 'I am overcompensating for something'. It says, 'I am flaunting my money'. I'm trading it in for something more reasonable."

"Come on. Mom's party needs to get planned, Dr. Slacker."

"Shut up, cranky cop."

They both chuckled. 

Kara patted her pants and searched for her cell phone.

"Shit! I forgot my phone. I think I set it down on the counter. Let me run in and grab it."

"Okay, Kar, but hurry."

Kara ran back inside the coffeehouse. She walked up to the counter and froze in place.

Standing at the counter was Kara's gorgeous supermodel. She was even more breathtaking up close. Her skin was smooth, alabaster white, and her eyes were so green, Kara could feel her heart skip a beat.

Screw it. Maybe I'll just buy a new cell phone. I don't really need a cell phone. Okay, maybe I do. Shit. Look at her legs. My God. She is so beautiful. Shit!

"I'm so sorry," Kara said, as she tried to reach around the black-haired beauty.

As Kara moved closer, she could feel an electricity pulse between them. The woman smelled like peaches and cream and her lips, her gorgeous lips were too much to bare. All Kara wanted was to kiss her lips passionately, but she was too stunning. She held her breath and did everything she could to stave off full-on gay panic.