iii. wrong place, wrong time

— ★ chapter three

chapter three . . . !
" W R O N G  P L A C E,
W R O N G  T I M E ! "

MELODY DIDN'T KNOW how long she had been walking around the Quidditch World Cup camping grounds for. She had lost track of time when she became lost in her thoughts. All she could hear the whole time she was aimlessly wandering was the cheering and celebrating for Ireland's win. She heard slurred singing and saw cheerful dancing. In that moment, she wished she was back at the tent celebrating with Draco. She knew Draco would never have danced around the tent as silly as she would have. But, none the less, they would have had fun and a good laugh at the end of the night.

It just always seemed like she never could be herself. She always had to dress a certain way, act a certain way, and talk a certain way to be tolerated. Melody could never speak unless spoken to and if she spoke without given permission then she would be looked down upon. Melody had never had free will when it came to the Phoenix family. Nothing could ever be done her way. She never had a choice in anything. Everything in Melody's life was picked out for her. Nothing was ever good enough.

Her father certainly never gave her a chance either. Ever since Orpheus was disowned, Mr. Phoenix became more controlling over her and she knew it. He had to have everything done a certain way. He had to have Melody brought up differently than her older brother so he could control her. So she wouldn't be another disowned embarrassment waiting to happen.

Orpheus. Oh how Melody missed Orpheus. He was her big protective older brother. But he was also the sweetest and kindest boy who let her put flower crowns in his wavy brunette hair. He was a bright sunflower in the spring meadow. Orpheus was the exact opposite of his father, personality-wise. But if they were put together side by side, anyone could tell they looked very much alike. He was practically the younger version of Mr. Phoenix except he had his mother's brown eyes like Melody.

The two always played together in the garden and almost every single time they ended up coming back covered from head to toe in dirt. He was the shining light in a room of darkness. Just his presence made everything better for Melody.

Melody suddenly jumps out of her thoughts and abruptly stops as shrilling screams enter her ears. Her heart starts to race as she plants herself frozen in her spot. Looking up ahead, she doesn't see anything wrong at first. But then, as people started to come out of their tents to see what all the fuss was about, a large fire started to break out. Melody's eyes went wide as mayhem started and everyone began to panic.

Tents were being set on fire and people were fleeing scared towards Melody's direction from up ahead, along with more panicked and blood curling screams following.

Panic started to set into Melody once she saw what everyone was running from as they passed her by, bumping into her harshly as they fled. People in dark cloaks and skeleton like masks marched around chanting something inaudible and . . . torturing people. Death eaters. Once realization hit Melody she brought her hand to her mouth in shock as her heart began to pick up its pace.