o. when the boy who lived met the girl who had no choice

( — ★ chapter zero

( — chapter zero . . . ! )
( W H E N T H E B O Y W H O L I V E D
M E T T H E G I R L W H O H A D
N O C H O I C E ! )

MELODY ANNE STOOD with her worried mother in the parlor room of the Phoenix manor. It was early in the morning — around 10:00 am to be exact — as Mrs. Phoenix and her daughter stood in front of their clean black bricked fireplace. It was only a couple of days before young Melody Anne was going off to her second year at Hogwarts and the young brunette was very thrilled.

Her brown eyes were as bright as a Christmas tree and her small leg moved constantly and impatiently. Melody couldn't hold in her excitement but at the same time, her second year of Hogwarts doesn't begin until two more days later. But Hogwarts was the only thought running through her mind and the one thing Melody didn't want to think about was the small trip she had to go on with the Malfoy's to Diagon Alley.

Melody dreaded having to go to Diagon Alley with Mr. Malfoy but at the same time, she was happy because at least she was good friends with Draco. Even though she begged her father to just take her to get her school supplies a week earlier, her father insisted on letting her future father in law and husband take her. It still felt odd to Melody that she would have to marry Draco Malfoy after she graduated from Hogwarts. Especially since her father had been constantly trying to get his daughter to be around the Malfoy's at any chance he gets, particularly with Draco.

None the less, Melody didn't argue or fight with her father for she knew he was only doing what he thought was best for her. It was something that wasn't up to her, she had no choice either way. Inside, she was very much upset that her own father couldn't even stay for one minute to see her off as she goes to the Malfoy Manor to meet up with Lucius and Draco Malfoy. Of course, Melody wasn't surprised since her father was forced by her mother to take his attention away from his job to see her off on the platform 9 3/4 train for her first year at Hogwarts.

Mrs. Phoenix started brushing a few of her dark hairs away from her face before looking at her daughter. "Alright, dear, be good and don't forget anything on your list" reminded Mrs. Phoenix while passing over the school list to Melody to which the young girl glanced at and stuffed it into her black cloak pocket.

"Yes, mother" said Melody while smoothing out the small wrinkles in her sweater once again for the fifth time out of nervous habit.

Mrs. Phoenix sighed and looked at her daughter in sympathy. She knew very well that even though her daughter still had her large and pure smile on her lips, Mrs. Phoenix could tell she was a bit frightened and nervous. "I'm sorry I can't come with you darling" apologized Mrs. Phoenix.

"It's quite fine, mother. Don't fret, I'll be back before you know it" said Melody with a small reassuring smile as she then hugged and kissed her mother's cheek softly before heading over towards the fireplace.