iv. here comes the bride

— ★ chapter four

chapter four . . . !
" H E R E  C O M E S 
T H E  B R I D E ! "

"MELODY, DID YOU even hear a word I was saying?" Pansy exclaimed from beside the distracted young brunette.

Melody looked up at the sound of the short-haired Slytherin girl sitting beside her in the train cart. Pansy sat leaning forwards toward Melody with an annoyed look on her face. Even though Melody had made it clear that she wasn't paying attention, Pansy still went on about her summer and how horrendous Millicent's new haircut looked on her. But, in Melody's opinion, she thought it suited the girl quite nicely.

Melody sat in one of the train compartments on the Hogwarts Express heading to her fourth year at Hogwarts. Sitting in the cart with her were Draco, Pansy, Theodore Nott, and Blaise Zabini with Crabbe and Goyle sitting beside Pansy scrunched together. They refused to sit elsewhere since all the other compartments were full but mostly because they had found out Melody had some baked goods from her mom. Despite Draco's remarks about not giving the two greedy boys any, Melody ignored him and happily gave the two some. In her defense, it was because they asked nicely.

"Hm? I'm sorry Pansy, I wasn't paying attention. I did tell you I was reading a letter from my mother" Melody spoke as she motioned towards the neatly written letter from her mother in her hand.

Pansy rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back. "Excuses, excuses"

"What did your mother say, Mel?" Draco questioned from across the two girls. Once Pansy noticed how Draco's attention went on Melody's letter, she leaned in to take part in the conversation. Melody shuffled a laugh at the sudden change of emotions from Pansy.

"She's just wishing me good luck on the new school year and you as well" Melody spoke.

Melody then perked up once she came across an important detail she was very excited about in her mother's letter. "Oh! My cousins Fleur and her little sister Gabrielle will be joining us at Hogwarts along with their school. They will both attend this year the Triwizard Tournament. Gosh, I haven't seen Fleur in years"

"Who?" Draco questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"My cousin Fleur? She goes to Beauxbatons. She's from my mother's side" Melody explained causing Draco to nod in understanding.

Melody had never really got to have a close relationship with her mother's side. It was mostly about her father's side and whenever Melody did get to see her mother's family, Mrs. Phoenix always had to bring her to them. The Delacours weren't very fond of the Phoenix family and they never understood why precious little Odette Delacour would've ever wanted to marry Apollo Phoenix.

Odette's parents had complied because he made their daughter happy. But Odette's brother — Henri Delacour — never trusted Apollo. Henri had tried as much as possible to have his sister over so his daughters and her children could play together. Apollo and Henri had never seen eye-to-eye and everyone learned-so after the first and only family reunion that ever existed between the Delacour and the Phoenix's.