Chapter Thirty Three

Brad got into the back of the van and Tamara waved at him

"Hi Brad," she said.

"Hi," Brad replied.

"So what's new?" She asked him. I sat on the passenger's side.

"Nothing much," Brad said.

"Oh," Tamara replied. I put my seatbelt on and told Brad to do it. He did and so did Tamara.

"We have to go talk to his parents," I told Tamara. Tamara gazed in her rearview mirror.

"And say what? Hey, your son is an insane werewolf who's been eating people on full moons? Chill, he was just hungry," Tamara remarked.

"It wasn't me. I swear," Brad said.

"We know, she's just joking around," I said.

"Natalie, I hate to break it to you, but what makes you think that he won't eat us tonight?" She asked me. I swallowed hard.

"I don't know. I... I know that he won't. Maybe we can restrain him," I suggested.

"Restrain him?" Tamara asked me.

"Just drive," I told her. I didn't know what to do or say, so I just looked forwards into the streets, the stores and the buildings of a few service businesses until we reached Brad's house. Brad got out of the van with me.

"You can go," I told Tamara.

"Don't you want me to take you home?" Tamara asked me. I shook my head.

"I don't want you to get into trouble," I told her.

"I'm already in trouble," Tamara said.

"Tamara..." I pleaded. Tamara nodded.

"Okay, but please call me," Tamara said and I nodded in agreement. Tamara rolled her window up and left the street. I walked into Brad's house. I noticed that he was hesitant to go to see his parents, nervous and he might even be scared, but I wasn't going to let him face this alone. I held his hand.

"Maybe we can make something up," he said to me. I shook my head.

"If you want I'll do the talking, but we need to come clean," I said. He nodded and as his hand was sweaty and trembling, I held on to it and told myself that I would never let him go. Brad tried the doorknob, but it was closed. So he knocked on the door.

"Don't you have a copy of the house keys?" I asked him.

"Lost them," he said.

"Oh, right," I replied and nodded. It was the whole werewolf thing. I had forgotten. His mother opened the door.

"Brad?"

"Hi mom," he said. He swallowed hard and he looked at me. I wasn't sure, but I thought that maybe he was avoiding his mother's glare.