Chapter Twenty Four

I arrived home, took a shower and changed

I arrived home, took a shower and changed. I was so exhausted that I went straight to bed. During the week I spoke to Tamara at school, but I barely called her at home because I decided to take my training more seriously. Brad would wait for me on the afternoons and then he'd take me home. Once I arrived home, I changed into my exercise clothes and then worked out with my teammates. They were really cool and I liked to hangout with them. I asked them if Tamara could join us.

"Sure," Abigail said as she walked on the treadmill. We were all on treadmills and we were still walking on them, but soon we'd increase our speed to jog.

"But remember that she doesn't need the hassle like us. We're athletes, but she's not required to work out so hard," Camille said.

"Yeah, she's not an athlete," Kate said.

"If she trains like us, she can get hurt," Abigail reminded me.

"Remember, support her, but don't overwhelm her," Lorraine said. I got it. I got it, I wanted to say, but didn't. I just nodded. Camille had a water bottle and she drank from it. Kate was listening to some music on her headphones. Abigail was walking slowly and Lorraine was stretching.

I wiped the sweat off my eyebrows. I couldn't see myself, but I knew that I was red as a tomato. I continued to workout with cardio and then went to the stationary bikes. I placed my own headphones on my cell phone and listened to Taylor Swift blasting away with her hip rhythm and voice. At first I was always exhausted, but after a few weeks, I was enjoying my workouts. My body didn't ache as much and I felt that my arms and legs were stronger. One night I invited Tamara over.

"I don't know if it's a good idea Natalie. I mean... I'm not that... fit," she said.

"That's not important. What's important is that you take care of yourself. They know that you're not an athlete and they think it's great," I replied.

"Really? I don't know... what if they laugh at me?" She asked me.

"If they laugh at you I'll send them straight to hell," I replied. Tamara laughed.

"You know... I never thanked for defending me at the cafeteria," Tamara said.

"You didn't need any defending. To be honest, I think that Gina's seriously an asshole. You have nothing to be ashamed of," I said.

"I'm not. I know that I'm not a Barbie doll, but I also know that I'm beautiful," she said. I was so happy that she knew it.

"Good. Because we're not what we look like. We are what we do and how we treat others and you know what Gina does and how she treats others," I said. Tamara laughed.

"I'll see you later then," she said.

"Okay, bye."

Tamara came to workout with us three days a week. She also left earlier because she was busy with the Thanksgiving feast.