◈ Chapter 21 ◈

Start from the beginning

It's better if I sleep here, atleast they'll think of me as someone who is a workaholic and sleeps every night in his office.

I groaned as I turned to the other side, trying to find a comfortable position.

I was tired, physically and mentally.

The way I was trying my best to protect Jieun, while on the other side she was only making it harder for me.

How could she even know or meet someone without telling me? Especially a 'guy'.

I don't even think if she sees me as her husband or not, well I made sure of it. The way I acted like a bastard, like someone who doesn't cares about her.

I just wanted to live a happy life with her, but then this sudden thing that pulls me back whenever I try to get closer to her.

At this point, everything is against mine and her relationship. Everything.

It's like as if the whole world is against us.

Stupid me, who thought everything will be fine after marriage. I thought after getting my father's position as a Mafia Leader, everything will change.

I thought my life would get better. But it's only getting worse.

I'm drowning and there is no one to save me.

For some minutes, I tried to just sleep somehow even with this painful thoughts in my mind but I couldn't.

I just wasn't comfortable sleeping here on the office couch while my so-called wife sleeps peacefully in my bedroom.

Sighing, I got up from the couch and headed towards the bedroom.

Atleast I'll get a good sleep.

-----

Jieun's POV:

"I'm speechless Jieun... How can that Jungkook guy be one of Taehyung's enemies? Didn't he told you that--"

"Yes he did, he did portrayed himself as Taehyung's bestfriend and I was too dumb to believe that", I spoke as I heard Jisoo sighing over the line.

"I'm so sorry, you had to go through that all. Is Taehyung still mad?", she asked through the phone as my eyes diverted towards Taehyung who was still fast asleep as he hugged a pillow.

Last night I slept alone without Taehyung, but when I woke up, I saw him beside me.

Maybe he was too tired of sleeping on the couch, so he made his way towards the bedroom at night. Possible.

"Do you think he'll praise me for being so foolish? Ofcourse he is hell lot of mad at me", I looked down as I chuckled at my own words.

"Calm down, everything will be fine"

"I hope so", and with that we talked about some other things before hanging up.

I knew Taehyung wouldn't wake up so early, so I went to the kitchen to help Haneul.

Maybe if I make him breakfast with my own hands, he'll forgive me. Right?