◈ Chapter 10 ◈

10 | PROTECT

╼ ╾

Namjoon eyed Jungkook in disbelief as they both left the company and were about to split their ways.

Jungkook was about to walk away, when Namjoon held his wrist firmly as a snort left Jungkook cause he knew he would do that.

Not caring about about him he tried to yank his wrist out of his hold, but unfortunately failed. He looked back at Namjoon who was still staring at him, lost in his own world.

"Get me out of this mess", Namjoon gritted through his teeth as he harshly left his wrist.

"You know that there is no way out, don't you?", Jungkook smirked at him, he was heartless, he never understood anyone's pain.

"Why are you even enjoying me suffering like this?", Namjoon said with clear pain in his eyes, but sadly Jungkook couldn't see it.

"I'll leave for Ilsan tonight, no one will know---"

"Are you out of your mind? Boss assigned us a mission, he won't let you go that easily without doing it", Jungkook looked at him in disbelief. He thought he had a death wish.

"I'm not that heartless like you Jungkook-ah. I've already commited many sins, I have no intention to do more. I already know the pain of losing someone you love, so it's better if we both abort this mission", Namjoon stated as Jungkook chuckled not believing latter's words.

"First of all, it was an arranged marriage, they both have no feelings for eachother at all. Lets just do this one last mission than you can---"

"I already said no!", Namjoon snapped at him while Jungkook was taken back a little.

"I'm leaving for Ilsan tonight, end of the discussion", He quoted as Jungkook pursed his lips and shook his head.

"What about me? What will I answer him then?", Jungkook questioned as he crossed his arms.

"Just tell him whatever excuse you have, I don't care. This is the last time I'm seeing you. After this, we are stranger. You never knew me, neither did I knew you", He stated as he left the scene leaving Jungkook behind dumbfolded.

"Let's see what I can do...", Jungkook whispered, hands in his pocket as he made his way towards the bus station.

-----

With a smirk Jungwoo wore his coat as his sister looked at him probably annoyed at the fact he was again leaving the house. It was almost like he lives outside all the time.

"Where are you going Oppa? Can you just spend time at home with your sister", With disappointment, Tzuyu voiced out at her brother and he looked at her.

"I have to meet someone, I'll be back soon", As soon as she heard that her eyes furrowed as a little anger took over her.

"Are you gonna go see Jieun?", She asked and curiously waited for him to answer her question but he just looked at her who was sending sharp knife glare at her brother.

"First of all, no I'm not going to meet her. Second of all, even if I did, why does it bother you?", He asked, hands in his pocket as he leaned against the wall and looked at his sister whilst smirking.