◈ Chapter 1 ◈

➳1 | UNEXPECTED

╼ ╾

"I can't believe you let him go that easily!", Jimin said as he sat beside me with a questioning look.

"Look Jimin, I'm not in a mood to talk right now. You should better leave", I said in an ungracious way.

"Father's coming to meet me. I have to deal with him then we'll talk", I stated whilst staring out of the window.

"Your Father? Visiting you? This is so unusual", Jimin uttered. "Anyway, I'm gonna take my leave. I'm a busy man, I have a sister to pick up from university. If I'm late I'll be as good as dead", He said as he bumped his fist with mine as a sign of goodbye.

Park Jimin, he is my childhood friend. Even though he isn't involved in this whole underworld Mafia thingy, he does know how all the things work.

As soon as Jimin left, I stood up from my chair. I knew that my father was not coming to just meet me. I knew that he would bring some kind of bad news for me as he usually does. I know my father too well.

Right now, my clothes were all stained with the blood which I shed a moment ago. It's not as if I kill innocent people, I only kill those who deserve. They dare to challenge me, for me those people deserve to die.

I sighed as I made my way outside the office and to my room, to change my clothes.

----------

"So how is my son?", the word 'son' coming out of my dad's mouth was so ungrateful. He sat down on the couch, crossing his legs and interlocking his finger.

I lightly scoffed before speaking, "I'm fine"

"Not you, Your business", he said sarcastly correcting him. I knew my dad would never ask how I was doing.

"Its good. New deals and---"

"I'll cut the story short. You do want to be the Mafia boss right? I mean you do fully want to take over my position?", he asked as he took the glass of wine from the table, sipping it.

I nodded my head lightly, cause that is exactly the thing I wanted to attain right now.

"Good. Now becoming Mafia Boss isn't so easy. I've aged well, and I think its time for me to give my position to you and as much as I hate you, I have no choice. You were just my heir, we never wanted you. You've been raised for this day. But you can't take my position so easily. You have to do the things that I did", My dad said staring at me.

At the moment I was confused. It was so clear that the next words my dad would say will only mess up my whole life over and over again.

"Marry someone. I know you are not interested in such things right now, but to take my position you need to marry someone, whether you like it or not. You need a heir, nothing more. Think of it, what if you get killed today or tommorow? Who will take over your position then?", He asked leaving me speechless.

I was so irritated and vexed because of his words. The last thing I wanted to do in this world was marry someone.

"And remember, never fall in love. Don't make the mistakes I once did", he left out a scoff before continuing his words. "I loved your mother, she was so dear to me. Until she was taken away from me, the day you were born. So never make the mistake of falling in love, it only makes a man weak", He said finishing his drink while I gritted my teeth in anger. He was forcing me yet again, what more could I expect from my dear father?