Before (part 15)

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that I am one person! I write all of these chapters in my free time and when I am doing well enough mentally that I feel ok with my writing! I know it can be difficult to wait for a new chapter, but being rude or condescending to me isn't going to get me to pop another chapter out! I'm not planning on abandoning this anytime soon, but I do have a real life where I am fairly busy, which is why updates can either happen in quick bursts or be more spread out! Thanks so much for supporting this story and please enjoy this chapter!
———————————————————————————

Lilly's POV:

It had been a few days since I'd gotten attacked and since I'd slowly started working on talking in front of Willow. My wounds weren't healing as well as we hoped, but with how Jason was there's no way I'd be able to get to a hospital and be able to afford it. The tears on my neck kept breaking open no matter how careful I was. Poor Willow was down in my room with me almost every other hour checking on them and cleaning them up when I was too exhausted to do it myself. My whole body still hurt, though it had started to fade lately. Alli was still silent, I could feel when she was awake but she refused to talk to me, and if I'm being honest, I refused to talk to her too.

I checked my phone and glanced at the time. Only 8:17. The sun had already started to set and I let out a low groan as I stretched slowly. Willow was running a patrol tonight, Jason was supposed to go with her but who knows if he actually had. She usually brought me food at this time but I'd asked her to taper off. It was nice to eat so well but it was starting to make me sick. I definitely wasn't used to that much food so often. Most of my days consisted of sleeping and playing random games on my phone, school just wasn't a good idea with how I looked right now. It would be getting out soon anyway, so it's not like I had anything important to do there.

Carter and Alex even visited me every now and then. Carter looked much better with his side all stitched up and was back to his normal dorky self pretty quick. Alex mostly visited just to tease me and Willow, usually taunting her about how much she came down here for me. I don't think anyone knew about our bath scene, but whenever I thought about it my cheeks warmed quickly and the blush didn't leave for at least twenty minutes, I'm pretty sure.

A soft creak caught my attention and I glanced at my door. I thought about calling out but the fear of it not being Willow shoved the words down my throat. Whoever it was didn't knock and instead just walked straight into my room. My blood ran cold when I realized it was Jason.

"Hi omega." I glared at the out of date nickname and 'position'. "I thought I'd visit you. See how you're doing." I shuffled away from him as he sat down on my bed. He smelt like cigarettes and stale beer, I don't think he even smoked. "Oh come on, why such an angry look?" He reached forward and grabbed my chin and yanked my face close to his. The healing skin on my neck pulled tight and I gripped my blanket so harshly I could feel my nails pricking my palms.

"You're on thin ice. I recommend you look like you just got the best gift in the world if you don't want me to fucking hurt you." I forced a wavering smile to my face and he patted my cheek gently. "That's a good girl! I know my daughter has been coming down here, you reek like her. So don't try to lie to me, huh? You'll be starting up training tomorrow or the next day, you have no say in the matter."

I refused to let my smile fall but I could see just how much Jason was enjoying himself. I hated him so much, I hated that he had this much power over me. I hated that Willow just had to be his daughter. My expression must've changed because I felt more pressure from his fingers on my jaw and I winced at the force.

"Best gift, remember?" I made eye contact with him for a short second, a small glare, my one act of rebellion, before slapping another smile to my face. "Too bad that wolf didn't get all your throat, huh? I'm sure your daddy would love to see you." I clenched my jaw at his remark but kept the smile plastered on my face. "Willow feels pity for you. I can tell. She always was a bit soft like that, takes after her mother I suppose. You reek of food, did I give you permission for that? Should I punish Willow for that?"

I shook my head as best as I could in his grip, and I could feel my smile falling more and more as he talked. I wasn't stupid, as far as I knew he hadn't hurt Willow before, but I wouldn't put it past him.

He widened his eyes in mock shock at my gesture. "No? That's so great to hear! So you'll take it then, right?" I nodded without hesitation. "Wow, look at you! Hero of the fucking year, huh? If she comes down here again tell her to get the fuck out. She doesn't need to be near you. Your dad did enough to scorn you, but you being a dud is almost worse." He let go of my jaw with a sharp tug and I pushed back further against my pillow and closer to the wall.

"Training is tomorrow. I'll see you then, but hopefully you'll have done something during the night and I won't have to worry about you, just some dirt." He chuckled at his own words and gave a lazy wave before leaving the room.

I heaved out a small sigh at his jab and crossed my arms around myself as well as I could. I sat like that for a few minutes before I slid out of bed and walked over to the mirror. For the first time in a while I tugged the blanket off of it and looked at myself fully.

My long white hair was slightly greasy and a little tangled, but Willow had been doing her best to help with both of those things. My skin was a little bit pinker, probably because of the food. My throat was a horrifying sight of ripped skin doing it's best to mend itself. It was a harsh red from the scabs but bright pink infection surrounded all of it which made for an odd combination on my skin. My nose was bruised lightly, and when I worked up the courage to pull my shirt up I could see purple and yellow bruises climbing up my side. My rib cage was still pretty evident but my form did look a little softer. All in all, I looked like a mess. I leaned down and grabbed the blanket, blocking out the mirror again.

I grabbed a pair of pajama pants from my drawers and slipped them on, flopping down into bed when I was ready to finally sleep. For a second I let the thoughts of doing what Jason had proposed cloud my head before I let out a shuddering breath and wiped my hands down my face to try to shove them out. I was tempted to wait for Willow, but the thought of Jason finding out made my hands shake. I did send her a quick message about hoping her patrol went well, I felt bad just saying nothing. I put some music on and let myself drift off to what would probably be a restless sleep, thinking about what training would have in store for me tomorrow.