Chapter Thirteen: Take a Stand

"Y/n," Kagome said as she came from the bathroom, rubbing her still wet hair with a towel.

"What is it?" You ask, not bothering to look up from your computer. You were sitting cross-legged on the bed, computer in your lap as you sent what felt like a hundred emails out to get information. 

"Since we aren't working right now," She said, plopping on the edge of your bed. "Will you tell me what happened between you and Kakyoin-san and Kujo-san?"

You sighed. "Kagome, it doesn't matter."

"Yes, it does. It bothers you. Ever since they showed up, you've been acting sadder. You can't look at one of them without looking sad or have remorse in your eyes. Why? What made you feel like that?" She asked. 

"I said it doesn't matter," You said. "Drop it."

"I saw the picture in your wallet," She said, making your head raise up. "When I was putting it away. It dropped and fell open. You were close to them, weren't you? I mean, obviously you were, but you something happened that made you stray away from them. And they still mean something to you if your keeping that picture so close to you, am I right?"

"I hate that I taught you this," You mumbled, removing your glasses as you closed your laptop. You placed your glasses on the nightstand and rubbed your delicate eyes. "Why are you so curious, anyways?"

"I've never seen you with another man. I've never seen you so...sad.." She said. "I want to know why."

You stared at her for a few minutes before sighing heavily, giving into her. "Fine. But you've got to shut up the rest of the night."

"Yes, ma'am!" She said happily, turning to face you as she folded her legs under her and got comfortable. 

"When I was young, a woman by the name of Kujo Holly took care of me. I lived with her, and became the best of friends with her only son, Jotaro. We grew up together, and if one of us got into some kind of trouble, the other was there to help out. I can't count how many times Jotaro has showed up and beat the crap out of some guys trying to jump me. When we were seventeen, Jotaro got arrested and spent three days away. He would never let me close enough to see him while he was in jail, but once he came back, it was obvious that something was up. I walked to school with him, but once classes started, he wasn't there. I thought he skipped and didn't tell me, so I skipped the next class and went to house to look for him. When I arrived, there was another boy, Kakyoin Noriaki there. He had been under the control of a man named Dio. Dio was a hundred-year-old vampire that had tried to kill Jotaro's bloodline his entire life. When we found out that Dio was attacking Holly with her own Stand, we knew we had to do something. After locating where Dio was, Jotaro, Kakyoin, Mr. Joestar, Avdol and I set out to kill him and save Holly. 

Along our journey, we met a man named Jean-Pierre Polnareff. He was also being controlled by Dio, and once he had been broken free, he joined our crusade. We traveled half-way across the world, fighting other Stand users and the such to reach Dio. About half-way through, I saw a...vision...of some sort. It was like I was being hit by a huge wave of deja-vu. This kept happening to me, and eventually it was almost unbearable. I was seeing Jotaro and Kakyoin die, over and over and over again. Kakyoin and I were injured after reaching Egypt, so we were forced to stay back and recover while the others moved on. 

While I was in the hospital, I discovered my Stand's, Atlantis', true abilities. He could create images of the future, and go back into time. He showed me images that would happen, then take me back in time so that I could change it. After this was revealed, I knew what would happen. I had to save Kakyoin and Jotaro or they would die. I was so caught up on them, that I really forgot about who Dio really wanted to kill. He wasn't interested in me at all. Sure, Atlantis peaked his curiosity, but he only wanted the blood of a Joestar, and to irradicate their bloodline. He injured me gravely, and I thought that's where it was going to end. But...I got a second chance, and we were able to defeat Dio, and return to Japan.