Chapter Fourteen: Baby Hotline

His lips ghosted across yours, just barely touching yours. It was like he wanted to kiss you, but he was afraid to touch you. He was afraid you'd push him away. So he was shocked when your eyes closed and you leaned up, finally latching your lips together. He instantly leaned into you, his lips moving gently. He pulled away after a few moments, and you chased after his lips making him blush. 

"S-s-so...do y-you hate m-me?" He asked shakily. 

"If you don't kiss me again, then yes," You mumbled. He didn't hesitate to kiss you again. 

It was like right then, you felt everything you'd been so worried about vanish. You just wanted to stay there with him. You felt secure again. Was it because of him? His kiss? Or his touch? You didn't know, but you weren't exactly thinking about it at the moment either. 

You pulled away slowly, your eyes opening to gaze up at his amethyst eyes. He looked down at you with a soft gaze, his cheeks a dark red color. He brushed his thumb across your cheek, making you lean into his hand, bringing your hand up to his chest. 

"I'm sorry," You said, looking at his scarred hands. 

"For what?" He asked with a small frown. 

"..leaving.." You whispered. "You didn't do anything to me, but I left you behind too. I just walked out and didn't even tell you goodbye. I hate myself for that, and you probably do too,"

"I don't," He said, making you look up at him. "I don't hate you at all. I understand what you did. I know that it hurt, and it still probably does, and I don't blame you at all. They were words that should have never been said, but everyone was in pain. And I don't want you to feel bad either. Jotaro got what he deserved."

"But you suffered too," You mumbled. 

"That may be," He sighed. "But you're here now, aren't you? I don't care about the past anymore. I'm only thinking about right now."

You moved his hands away, and put your head in his chest instead. His arms curled around you and held you close to him. You could hear his heart pounding against his chest, and you wondered if yours was doing the same. You tightened your arms around him. He rubbed circles into your back, his head resting on top of yours. He smelled like vanilla, and the scent was alluring to you. It made you feel calm. It made you feel safe...like you were home.

"Does this mean we can do this again?" He asked, making you laugh. 

"Y-yeah," You giggled, pulling back. He kept his hands on your back. You went to move them, but he wouldn't budge. "Kak?"

"I don't want to hurt you," He said. You were confused. What did he mean? Then you remembered. Your side. He was there when Jotaro grabbed you and made you yelp in pain. He knew it was painful for anyone to touch. 

"You won't," You said, attempting to move his hands. He still wouldn't budge. "Look," You sighed. You moved his hands away and rolled your shirt up, exposing the scar. 

"What are you doing?" He asked as you took his wrists. You put his right hand on your left waist, and left his left hand towards your side. Instead of putting it on your waist, you put it on your hip, just above your jeans. 

"See?" You said. "It's not hurting me,"

"I honestly didn't think you'd even want me touching you," He mumbled as you pulled your shirt back down and put your arms around his neck. 

"Why is that?"

"Well one, you didn't look or act very happy to see us, and two...you kinda got meaner." He said. 

"Meaner? Do I really seem mean?" You asked, frowning a little. 

"N-no! L-let me rephrase that...you..seem...mature..does that make sense?"