Chapter 16: Explicit

Start from the beginning

"You can't fuck me like other women."

Draco shuddered as I slid myself onto him. I had all the control now, and I was going to make things as slow as I pleased. I enjoyed watching his eyes close as I granted him the delayed gratification of moving inside me. My hands slid across his chest, and I felt happiness grow inside of me, for it felt like he was all mine.

His hand reached under my skirt to grip my ass. I watched his teeth lightly graze his lower lip, and it seemed like he was telling me 'you're all mine, too.'

His other hand, the one bearing the mark on its forearm, snuck under the front of my skirt. Unsure what he was doing until he was already doing it, I moaned as he rubbed me, as it wasn't a rough, frenzied rubbing, but a deliberate kind. And it landed right where I needed it to.

My body buckled as I was awash in spikes of electricity all across my lower abdomen. My eyes closed as Draco eased me down onto his mouth, kissing me wetly until the waves of bliss subsided. Holding me securely to him, he ordered in a hushed voice, "Keep going."

My bare torso on his, I moved my hips quicker while returning his impassioned kisses. Something I was doing must have been working, for Draco's grip tightened. I moved away from his mouth, planting kisses down his jaw like he had done to me before, and then traveling to his ear, which I knew was sensitive. All it took was one graze of my tongue, and he came crashing into climax.

"Fuck," he groaned, his arms crushing the air from me, "Erica-!"

I watched, satisfied, as his breathing slowed in the wake of release. After we laid together intertwined for a moment, his eyes reopened, and as soon as he saw my face he took it in his hands and kissed me deeply.

"I think," he said, keeping his face close, "Your body has healing properties."

I removed myself from him after a few more kisses, allowing Draco a moment to discard the protection in a suspiciously convenient waste bin. Draco stood by the bed, tucking his shirt back into his pants as I buttoned up my shirt. We had to make sure we were presentable and didn't look like we had just dug into each other like animals. I felt absolutely stellar. Glowing, even.

As I righted my hair in a nearby mirror, Draco spoke to me.

"You surprise me sometimes," he said, doing his tie. "...Are you quite certain that you're opposed to making this into something more?"

I turned to him with a frown. "What do you mean?"

I watched as Draco adjusted his shirt sleeves. He shrugged passively. "Crabbe and Goyle already think we're together. I don't see the harm in letting others know, too."

I scoffed, not sure of what I was hearing. "You mean becoming an item? You and me?"

"Don't give me that look," he glanced down, his voice lowering. "You can't just screw me like that and then act surprised when I ask you to be mine."

"I am yours," I said to him, "Slapping a label on things won't change that. It'll only let others in on our personal affairs."

"It would let others know exactly who you belong to," Draco asserted. "Everyone in this castle would think twice before speaking to you."

My lips pursed as I took a moment to think. If others knew I was Draco's, that would make people stop treating me so horribly. They would speak to me with respect. Becoming his girlfriend would completely change how everyone saw me- even Penny, Evelyn, and Greta-

"No," I replied firmly. "Thank you for the offer. But I refuse."

Draco came over to me, upset. "It wasn't an offer. It was a request." His stern expression softened in a way I hadn't seen before. "You said something to me before that I wasn't quite ready to hear. But things are so much clearer, now, Erica," he reached out a hand to tilt my chin up to him. "I'm finally ready to return your feelings," he breathed. "And I want you by my side."

I was trapped in his gaze. The intensity of his words, the thundering in my heart, it was all wrong. How did things end up this way? I was only meant to heal him-

Draco suddenly jolted to attention. His eyes darted around suspiciously, and he motioned for me to stay put while he pulled out his wand. I had no idea what was occurring, but I soon heard the sounds of footsteps, and it became evident why Draco was suddenly tensed and ready to strike.

There was someone other than us in the room. The intruder began humming a song as they searched through the piles. It was a woman's voice, and the song sounded so familiar- but from where? And I could have sworn I recognized the voice- a professor?

Draco inched around the nearby stack of books. As soon as he had eyes on the intruder, he shouted in a hushed voice, "Brachium!"

I heard the sound of the woman yelping, and then the doors slamming shut. Draco returned to me, looking quite peeved.

"Professor Trelawney came looking for her sherry stash," Draco hissed. "I pushed her out."

My eyes darted around, still quite alarmed. "What if she tries to come back?" I whispered.

"We ought to leave," Draco said somewhat reluctantly. He looked like he wanted to continue our previous conversation, but the mood was horrendously altered now, with no chance of revival.

We hurried back to the lower levels of Hogwarts. The sun had set now, and there was no doubt my absence was noticed at dinner. Before we descended the stairs to the basement, I paused.

"You go on first," I said to Draco. He frowned, realizing what I was doing.

"So that's your choice, then?" he said with distaste. "You're really going to let others' opinions keep you from being seen with me?"

I made sure I responded with an equal amount of disgust. "It's for the best if we just carry on like we have been. You may be ready to declare our business to everyone, but I'm certainly not."

Draco looked hurt by this. Straightening his suit jacket, he trod down the stairs, leaving me alone in the corridor, wondering if I had made the right decision.