Kageyama ruffled his own hair (for once) and sighed.

Water's ready.

He placed the tea bag into a porcelain cup, and carefully poured the steaming water just to the rim.

When it finished brewing he placed the cup on top of a matching saucer and removed the bag.

Time to go back upstairs. I wonder if he's awake.

To no surprise, the little spiker was already awake and sitting up in his bed, smiling over at him.

"Morning!"

"Morning to you. For normal people it's 8:00 PM."

"Wow, already?"

"Yeah." He handed Hinata the cup. "Here."

"This looks yummy, Thanks a lot Kageyama-kun!"

"Sure." Kageyama watched as he took a sip.

"Hey, this kinda tastes like oranges!"

"No shit dumb ass. It's tangerine flavored."

"Hey! Don't say that! Say butt!"

"Dumb butt. That sounds stupid."

"Better than curse words!"

Kageyama sighed.

"Idiot. That sounds better."

Hinata laughed.

"Better. Hey wait! It's orange, just like my..."

"Yeah. Like your hair."

Hinata took another sip and then looked up at Kageyama.

"Are you... smiling?"

"What? No... I wasn't."

"Yes, you were! Yay Kageyama, you finally smiled!" He giggled. 

Kageyama, trying to avoid the conversation, remembered the thermometer sitting on the table near Hinata.

"Hey, let me take your temperature."

Hinata leaned forward, as if waiting for Kageyama to put his hand on his forehead again.

"Dumb ass! Not- like that."

Kageyama looked away angrily, doing anything he could to hide his blush.

He then quickly grabbed the thermometer.

"Say ahh."

Hinata stuck out his tongue. "Ahh."

"There."

Kageyama watched and waited for the thermometer to read.

102° F

"Jesus, still?"

Kageyama put the back of his hand against Hinata's forehead.

"So hot. Hinata, what was it this morning?"

He laughed. "Jeez Kageyama, you're so-"

Kageyama looked at him sternly. "Hinata. What was it?"

"You're so scary Kageyama-kun! And it was only... 105 degrees."

"Shit! You idiot! Why didn't you go to the hospital?! And where have your parents been?!"

"Hey, I said not to curse! But it's no big deal Kageyama! Oh, and mom and dad are with Natsu on a field trip! They're probably coming back soon actually."

Kageyama groaned.

"You're lucky it went down. And besides, if you were gonna die I'd kill you first. Stupid."

Hinata looked over at Kageyama and tilted his head.

"Huh?"

What the fuck. He's adorable. Fuck shit fuck fu-

"Kageyamaaa. I wouldn't die. I promise!!" He laughed. "You are so dramatic!"

"Hey! If you weren't sick I'd slap you."

"Don't slap me!"

"I said if you weren't sick!"

They went on just like this, laughing and bickering for a while, until Hinata suddenly asked Kageyama a question:

"Wanna sleep over?"

Kageyama let out a small gasp. "Oh, umm..."

FUCK. FUCK. FUCK.

quick note, you can ignore if you want

Hello! This was BY FAR my favorite chapter to write.. i mean so far ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) lol. Anyways If you've made it here, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ACTUALLY READING MY FANFIC <3 This if the first one i've ever written so it may be rough at some points, but I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it! So there may only be 1-2 more chapters I'm not really sure. Sorry this is so short, maybe you like quick reads, maybe you don't, all about preference. Anyways that's all I have! if you're reading this ily and I hope you have a nice day. Also, please don't forget to hit the star in the bottom corner if you enjoyed! See u next next chapter~

~molly ☺