"Hey."

"Hello."

"What're you doing?"

"Homework."

"Listen, mate, I'm sorry I went off on you like that. It's just— my home life, you know how it is—"

"Yeah, a loving family."

"Well...Harry I have 5 brothers. Five. you don't know how hard it is to try and live up to them, Harry. I guess I was just jealous. And I shouldn't be. Er, Hermione told me about...you know, by the way. She's got a way to deal with it, if Professor McGonagall agrees."

Harry looked up and grinned. "Your apologies never contain 'I'm sorry' but they always contain 'I'm sorry.'"

And just like that, they were okay again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Professor?" Hermione said meekly, "Can I talk to you?"

"Of course, Miss Granger," McGonagall marked another piece of parchment.

"Er, you are my Magical Guardian, correct?"

The quill in the Professor's hand stilled, but she didn't look up, "Yes."

Hermione swallowed down her fear. She wasn't a Gryffindor for nothing! "Well, I was wondering if I could—"

Just then, the door flew open, and in came that Seventh Year, Jerry, or something. Hermione didn't know.

"Professor!" he said, "A boy was pushed off the Astronomy tower!"

Hermione's eyes widened. "What?" she squeaked.

McGonagall was up and out the door in a flash, leaving Hermione standing there. When she finally realized that she probably should follow, she bumped into the Potions substitute.

"I'm sorry," she mumbled, "It's just that—"

"It's okay!" the sub yelled over her shoulder as she ran— Woah, she was fast!— towards the infirmary.

Hermione followed.

When she got there, all she could see were Malfoy's bloody robes.

There was so much blood.

And for some reason, Harry was there? So she grabbed his wrist.

"What happened?" she asked.

"I—" Harry could barely even answer.

"Harry," the sub was in front of Hermione again, "What happened to him?"

Harry gulped. "I don't even know what happened! I was only trying to get my telescope from the Astronomy tower because I forgot it last night when I saw someone — I'm not sure who— push him off! He was wearing Gryffindor colors, though," he said the last sentence quietly.

The sub groaned, massaging her temples, "Every single time! Is it just me or is it the kids?"

Hermione frowned. What did she mean?

"Are you sure you don't know who it was?" she asked.

"Well, they were taller than me."

"That doesn't narrow it down much, Harry!"

"Okay, okay, they had a beard!"

"Okay," said the sub, "So a Gryffindor with a beard."

"Ow," groaned Malfoy, "So I'm guessing it didn't work?"