Epilogue

Harry Potter stood at the podium, looking down at everyone gathered around. He cleared his throat for silence and started on his speech.

"Amelia Bellona Snape was the hero in my life. She was the first one to introduce me to the Wizarding World, the first to tell me about my parents, who they really were. Amelia was one of the few that noticed that I had blocks on me. But, even then, I didn't know her fully. I knew her as my godmother, someone who was there when I needed her. But she was so much more. To so many people, she was a beacon of light. In fact, I didn't even know her heritage until I was twenty.

"When I was asked to speak at Amelia's funeral, I knew for a fact that I couldn't do it. So, without further ado, Severus Snape."

Severus stood up and walked to the podium. "Not many people knew Amelia when she was younger than 10, but I did. She was feisty, quiet, crazy and an overall, the most unique person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. People might think that Amelia was reckless and impulsive, but that isn't the case—" he choked up and ended up leaving the crowd, making Lucius Malfoy go next.

Lucius, his hair going white but still as elegant as ever, stood next to Harry. "Anyone who knew Amelia in her school years— especially the first three— would know one side of her. The vulnerable, guarded, closed off part of her. During those three years, we found out that she was my half-sister. But she made me swear that I would not advertise it. Anyone who knew Amelia in her third year would know that she was spiraling into depression, something that never truly left her.

"The first time Amelia defied Voldemort was in her fourth year when she killed one of his giants. On accident, she told everyone, but a few knew better. This piqued Voldemort's interest, and soon, she was offered a place in his Death Eater's ranks. I suppose it shouldn't have surprised me that she was able to keep him away for so long. Everyone presumed Amelia died only a few years after that, and Amelia knew that. She took it in stride and used it to her advantage. She helped the Wizarding World start on the path to become a better place, by killing Voldemort and banishing Albus Dumbledore.

"Amelia helped all wizards and witches, no matter who they were. She was a light in the darkness, a star in space. We must remember the good times in which she was in, where she was smiling and laughing, and learn from her mistakes, where she messed up and spiraled. Her memory should never leave us."

He stepped off with Severus and went over to their families.

Harry walked towards Ginny, Ron, Luna, Neville, Hannah Abbot, Fred, and Hermione. George was obviously with Draco.

Ginny grabbed his hand and nodded. It's okay, she mouthed. Harry leaned into her side and let the tears fall.

At least this funeral wasn't as depressing as Neville's. At least they had a body. At least she died a peaceful death.

Harry stared at his friends. Ron was holding Luna who, along with Neville, knew Amelia better than any of them. Fred and Hermione were holding hands and trying to console each other by not talking at all.

Amelia represented a chapter in all of their lives. Many, for others. But now it was time to turn the page and start anew. 

A/N: goodbye all! I wanna say I'm gonna edit the shit out of this piece but I hate the ideas so i'm not lmao