26. The Rocky Horror Glee Show

"Great news, guys

"Great news, guys. I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson, isn't really a lesson." Mr Schue stated, as he walked into the choir room. "It's a musical."

"Please be Evita, please be Evita..." Rachel said to herself.

"Rocky Horror." Mr Schue announced. There were murmurs from the group.

"I've never seen it." Finn pointed out.

"Mr Schue. While I admire your choice of the ground-breaking 70s musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?" Rachel asked.

"Seriously. A school in Texas couldn't even do Rent." Kurt told him. "It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show."

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts?" Mr Schue questioned. "Pushing boundaries, doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression? I got it all figured out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections. And, I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it."

He handed the kids at the front some stacks of slips, which they then handed back to the others in the back row.

"And, we're going to charge admission. And use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nationals in New York." Mr Schue finished. The New Directions started clapping and cheering. "Okay, let's talk about casting."

"Oh, Finn and I will play Brad and Janet." Rachel cut in, raising her hand.

"And I'll be playing the guy in the wheelchair, right?" Artie asked.

"That's what I was thinking." Mr Schue nodded. "And I thought Kurt could play the role of Frankenfurter."

"No. There's no way I'm playing a transvestite in high heels, and fishnets, and wearing lipstick." Kurt argued.

"Why? 'Cause that look was last season?" Santana questioned.

"I'll do it." Mike spoke up.

"Really?" Tina asked him. "It's like, the male lead."

"I know, but I'm feeling a bit more confident after I spent the summer working on my voice." Mike explained.

"Great. I have no problem with that." Mr Schue stated. "Now, we're a little short on female roles, so we're gonna have to double up on Columbias and Magentas."

"It's standard practice on broadway." Rachel chimed in. "It'll preserve your voices."

"I'd like to preserve you. In a jar. In my basement." Mercedes lashed out at Rachel, making some of the glee club laugh.

"Sam. I'd like you to play the role of the creature." Mr Schue continued.

"From the Black Lagoon?" Sam questioned.

"No, Rocky. He's like the Frankenstein character, but blonde." Quinn explained. "You'll kill the part, he's cute just like you."

"Better start working on those abs." Santana spoke up.