19. Theatricality

Everyone was sitting in the choir room, all looking at Tina, who had traded her gothic outfits for sweatpants

"It's so weird." Artie stated.

"This so isn't you." Darcey added, shaking her head.

"I feel like Asian Branch Davidian." Tina told everyone.

"Tina, are there any other looks you could try?" Mr Schue asked her.

"Biker chick?" Santana suggested. Tina gave a thumbs down.

"Cowgirl?" Thumbs down.

"Hood rat?" Thumbs down.

"Computer programmer?"

"Cross-country skier?"

"Catholic Schoolgirl?" Puck suggested, and Darcey kicked the back of his chair, and when he turned around she just shook her head at him.

"A happy meal, no onions." Brittany stated. "Or a chicken?"

"Look, I appreciate it, guys, but it just isn't me. I know who I am, and I'm not allowed to show it." Tina concluded. "It's like communism."

At that moment, Rachel stormed into the choir room.

"Guys, we have a serious problem." Rachel announced. "I've been doing some deep background on Vocal Adrenaline."

"Isn't that against the rules?" Artie asked, and Rachel ignored him.

"No, not at all. Or probably. Whatever." Rachel replied. "Anyway, what I figured out, I rooted through the dumpsters behind the Carmel auditorium and I found 18 empty boxes of Christmas lights."

"Oh, no." Tina sounded.

"Which led me to Joelle's Fabrics. I asked them about red chantilly lace, and they were sold out!" Rachel exclaimed.

"Oh, sweet Jesus." Mercedes stated.

"Oh, no." Was Kurt's respond to it.

"What?" Mr Schuester asked them, having no idea what was going on.

"They're doing Gaga." Kurt answered.

"That's it. It's over." Mercedes commented, dramatically.

"Exactly! We should have guessed it. They're going for full-out theatricality. They know it's the easiest way to beat us. Damn them!" Kurt exclaimed.

"What's up with this Gaga dude?" Puck asked. "He just, like, dresses weird, right? Like Bowie?"

"Lady Gaga is a woman!" Kurt responded, offended. "She's only the biggest pop act to come along in decades. She's boundary-pushing. The most theatrical performer of our generation. She changes her look faster than Britt changes sexual partners." 

"That's true." Brittany agreed.

"It makes sense that Vocal Adrenaline would pay homage. It's a brilliant move. She's a perfect fit for them." Artie stated.