22. Audition

Sophomore Year

Sophomore Year. The year where Darcey could be herself, as she was no longer at the bottom of the barrel. Well, not completely, as she and Tina were only out to the Glee Club, and that was it.

Another spanner in the works, her younger brother was now a Freshman. Meaning, if she did anything with Tina at the school, there would be a chance of him seeing.

Darcey was standing at Quinn's locker with her, Santana and Brittany, as they caught up with each other, as they hadn't seen each other all summer.

Almost immediately, Jacob Ben Israel walked up to the four girls, a guy with a camera walking closely behind.

"How has life changed since the birth of your bastard child?" JBI asked Quinn, as she shut her locker and turned around to face him.

"Well, I'm happy to be back, and I'm ready to start fresh." Quinn answered. As the camera started to pan to Santana's boobs, Quinn quickly pulled the camera back towards her. "And I'm a lot less hormonal, so- so there's not really any crying."

"How was your summer?" JBI asked Santana, the camera panning to her boobs yet again.

"My eyes are up here, Jewfro." Santana told him, as she filed her nails. "And it was uneventful."

Brittany leaned towards the microphone, wanting to tell everyone about her summer. "People thought I went on vacation, but really, I spent the summer lost in the sewers."

Darcey looked at her, confused. Well, it would explain why she didn't return any of her calls. The camera quickly panned to Darcey, and she really didn't know how she could answer.

"What do you say in response to the rumours that you're dating resident goth, Tina Cohen-Chang?" Jacob asked her. Darcey's eyes went wide, she had no idea how he could possibly know that.

"No comment." Darcey responded, rolling her eyes. She didn't really want to deny it, then be seen as a liar when she officially came out. And also, she saw her brother down the hall struggling with the lock on his locker.

"If you'll excuse me." Darcey pushed past the camera guy and JBI, and made her way down the hall to help her brother.

"Max." She stated, making him look over at her. "You want some help?" Max sighed and nodded. She stepped in front of the locker, and used force to pull the lock off.

"It takes some getting used to." Darcey told him.

"Okay, you can go now." Max responded. Darcey looked at him with mock offense.

"Excuse me?" Darcey questioned, and Max rolled his eyes at his older sister.

"I don't really want people knowing we're related, even though they'd know eventually, because I don't want people to treat me differently because I have the head cheerleader as my sister." Max explained. Darcey nodded, understandably.