ten

"Are you having fun?" Natalie approaches me outside. I was sitting on the couch next to Corinna, who I had met and clicked with instantly. David had gone to vlog some of the party and I decided to enjoy the view.

"Yeah!" I reply, gripping my bud light seltzer. Natalie sits down next to me, wrapping her arm around my shoulders, and begins striking conversation with Corinna and I.

"Natalie I wanna jump on a table!" The familiar face of Heath Hussar comes running outside yelling.

"Really?" Natalie groans. "You know who's going to have to clean it all up right?"

"Umm." Heath makes a face and it looks like he's really thinking about his answer. "You guys."

He points at the three of us sitting on the couch.

"Huh?" Corinna and I say at the same time.

"Please Nat, please!" He clasps his hands and pleads.

"Fine." She stands up. "Let me grab the ladder."

"Do you want help?" Corinna asks.

"Yeah, you can help me grab the ladder." She says. "Amber if you want, can you grab a white folding table that's on the other side of the house?" Natalie asks me.

"Sure!" I stand up and pat Heath's shoulder on the way.

I make my way to the side of the house. I look around the corner and see a stack of folding white tables.

"Oh shit." I shiver when I see all the spiderwebs.

"Amber?" I jump aggressively at the sound of my name said behind me.

"Oh sorry!" I turn to see Jason standing there.

"You scared me." I chuckle and hold my chest.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Natalie asked me to grab one of these tables." I say, slowly looking back at the spider infested stack.

"Do you need help?" He walks past me and begins grabbing a table.

"Yes." I reply. "I don't like spiders."

Jason looks at me and raises an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, kind of creeped out.

"Don't tell David." He says.

"Why not..." I cross my arms.

"He'll definitely use that against you." He says. "If he ever asks if he can blindfold you, say no."

"I won't say anything to him." I laugh. "Thanks."

"Well, now that I know about your fear." Jason walks past me with the table and I follow him. "I suggest you be nice to me tonight or else I'll tell him."

"Are you blackmailing me?" I scoff playfully.

"No." He says. "Well maybe."

"It sounds a little like blackmailing to me, Jason." I reply.

"Blackmailing?" I spin around and come face to face with David. "Who's blackmailing who?"

"No one." I reply casually.

"Amber didn't know what blackmail meant." Jason pipes up. He makes a face towards me, probably suggesting that I'm stupid. "I was explaining it to her."

I squint my eyes at Jason and he grins.

"Yup." I reply, looking back to David. "I'm just so dumb."

David squints his eyes as well and looks at Jason and I. I can see his brain working.

"Jason is blackmailing you isn't he?" David asks, pointing at me.

"Good you got the table!" Natalie interrupts the conversation and walks towards us with Corinna, holding a ladder.

"I'm so ready!!" Heath says.

"You know what would be epic?" Jason says. "If Heath jumped on one of the birthday cakes."

"Oohhh Jason!!" Heath gives him a hard high five. "I'm doing it!!!"

"This is going to be so fun to clean up." Natalie says sarcastically, causing me to chuckle.

"Go grab a cake and tell everyone to come outside." David says, getting ready to turn his camera back on.

"Yes!" Heath claps his hand and he runs inside, with Jason running behind him.

"So." David puts his arm around me, causing me to jump slightly. "Jason's blackmailing you?"

I roll my eyes playfully. "Wouldn't you like to know." I reply and put my hand on the camera lens. "Any content you can get, huh?"

"You know it baby." He smiles wide and I shake my head. People start filtering out of the house and gathering around the table that Jason had set up.

"Here we go!" Heath begins climbing the ladder and Jason sets a cake on the table.

"Showtime." David says with a wink before walking towards the table to get the best shot possible.

I stand on the other side of the table in between Natalie and Jason, who also had his camera out.

"On a count of three we sing happy birthday!" Jason yells over the crowd. "One! Two! Three!"

We all begin singing happy birthday as my eyes scan over every person standing around. The way everyone is looking at either David, the cake, or Heath.

I look down at the cake and admire how pretty it is. How someone took the time to make it just for it to be smashed by a grown mans body.

I look up from the cake and see David. His goofy smile plastered on his face as he also looks like he's admiring the cake as well.

We all finish singing and Heath begins screaming. David moves his camera to point at Heath as our attention is turned up towards him.

The grown man jumps off the ladder and lands flat onto the cake and table. A chunk of cake hits me right in the face, landing all over my cheek and neck.

"Oh my god!" I say between laughs and shocked breaths.

Everyone begins laughing as well, the smell of the vanilla cake fills my nose.

David gets closer to me, camera pointed right at the mess on my face. He begins laughing hysterically.

I look at David and begin shaking my head. He takes his finger, digs it into the cake on my neck, and eats the cake and frosting off of it.

"Wow." I raise and eyebrow and chuckle.

"Any content I can get, right?" He says sarcastically before turning around and filming Heath.