Chapter 43: Marked (Part I).

Start from the beginning

Before Hunter could answer, the door opened. "Hunter." Triple exclaimed as she entered the door looking furious. "Why are you doing this?"

Willow sighed. "It's doesn't matter. You should leave now." She stepped back to sit on the bed.

"What's going on?" Triple said as she eyed Hunter and then Willow. "Why are you always after my mate?"

Willow smiled mockingly. "Sometimes I really pity you." She muttered softly, but her voice was carried over to Triple.

"Says the person who has the most pitiful life." Triple scoffed as she raised her nose in the air.

"Shut up." Growled Hunter making Triple flinch.

"You—"

"I'll break the bond with her, if you're willing to give me a second chance, I'll do anything." Said Hunter cutting Triple off.

Triple gasped, tears filling her eyes, the haughty woman gone in an instant.

Willow shut her eyes, she was so disappointed. "Will you?"

"Yes." There was no hesitation in his voice.

Triple who was standing beside Hunter staggered, clutching her stomach as she fell on her knees. "Hunter." She whispered as tears started rolling down her pretty face. "Do you care about me, at all?"

Hunter ignored her as his eyes stared deeply at Willow.

"Hunter, I'm pregnant with your pup." Sobbed Triple.

Hunter now flinched and looked away from Willow, still ignoring Triple. "We're done."

"Why?" Triple turned to Willow, when she got no response from Hunter. "Why are you doing this?"

"Why?" Willow smirked and crossed her legs as she sat back on the bed because she was starting to feel tired. Acting haughty, she scrutinised her nails and felt that they should be trimmed soon. "It might be because I'm very petty when I want to be."

"You are so evil." Sneered Triple.

"Woah," Willow scoffed. "You don't have the rights to say that." She couldn't believe this pair, she felt that they should both go and review all the deeds they did in the past year. Willow then wanted to keep her distance from both of them, scared that their attitudes would somehow rub on her. "Can you both leave now, I'm not interested in you Hunter and we're mates no more. I'm not one to hold grudges but if you come and disrupt my life once more then you're going to regret it."

"You can't do that." Hunter scrunched his brows, his mouth lifting into a frown.

Willow sighed, the haughtiness going away from her face, leaving a black expression on her face. "I'm not a saint, though I'm forgiving you, I'm not going to forget about what both of you did. I won't be giving you any second chance, you don't deserve it, even if you had still been my mate, I wouldn't have had given you another chance. I wouldn't cheat myself in this way.

"Even though you're sorry now, who knows what you'd do in the future, you did it once so you can also do it twice. So, I hope that you will both leave me and Rowan alone." She especially mentioned Rowan, in case Triple came to seek trouble. "You reap what you sow, since you both wanted to sever your bond with your mates and wanted to be together, since you thought that you were most compatible together."

Willow could see that Hunter looked troubled.with what she had said, but she felt no pity for him. Even Triple didn't look too good herself.

Willow had previously hated both of them after she had found the truth, but looking at them now, she felt nothing in her heart. She felt no hate, and certainly not love towards either of them, it must be because she didn't care about them at this point. Crying over what had previously happened would get her nowhere in life, she didn't want to be tied to them for some petty revenge.

After the couple left, she actually felt very light. She smiled as she laid down on the bed. She pulled the quilt other chin, but then her smile dropped. She suddenly grew worried about where Rowan could be.

As she sat up on the bed, she noticed from the corner of her eyes that the couple had left the door open. Willow sneered as she stared at the door, regretting not going forth with a revenge plan. Cursing Hunter and Triple, Willow headed towards the door to shut it, feeling lazy.

When Willow got back in the quilt she once again grew worried about everything the Goddess had said. She was sure that the Goddess hadn't mentioned anything about Rowan being her mate, but she hadn't denied it either.

Willow screamed in her pillow, frustrated with everything that was going on, frustrated at Rowan for not being here, she should just get this over with. She was sure that she could live normally even without Rowan beside her, yeah she could totally do it.

Willow wanted to cry, because she didn't want to let Rowan go! But if Rowan wasn't her mate, she would back up, though it would hurt her beyond repair, she wouldn't come in between them.

The door opened once again, Willow snapped her head up, ready to glare Hunter and Triple out, if either of them planned on returning. But thankfully it was the Royal Witch, Georgia.

As she was being checked up by the Witch, willow put forth her lingering question. "Where's Rowan?" Since no one would tell her where he was, she had to ask the witch.

"Prince Rowan?" Said Georgia. "I haven't seen him for weeks now, ever since he turned eighteen." She replied truthfully, unknown to the worry that was forming on Willow's face.

"Since his birthday? Did he—" Willow choked on her words. "Did he find his mate?"

"Mate?" Georgia frowned. "Aren't you his mate? I remember seeing you at the Palace, his highness had introduced you as his mate."

Willow bit her lips and lowered her head. Now she desperately wanted to find Rowan. "When will I be discharged?"

"You'll have to stay here for at least a week or two, to make sure that you're actually alright." Said Georgia.

"But I'm fine, really." Willow replied, even though her body did feel a little weak, she was still feeling better than the moment she had woken up. She could now walk and talk properly, and all this happening in one day of waking was pretty abnormal for a normal human, but she wasn't normal. "I really am."

"No can do, you have to stay here till you truly are. Even though you are a child of the moon, you still haven't embraced the power properly, so it's gonna take a while for your body to heal completely. So till then you're not allowed to leave." Georgia said sternly. "You are my patient currently and it's my job to make sure that my patients have healed completely before I can discharge them."

*****

A/n: Helloooooo darlings, I would like to tell you that this is the last chapter, but I'll be dividing it into three parts, because it's too long.

Love,
Nawal