Chapter 11

Family Dispute

"In this dark times ;we, as the children of Hestia shall stand strong. We must not lost hope and continue to believe, as for our beloved goddess shall save us and offer salvation as long as our beliefs are strong"

clang....clang.....

The sounds of bells reverberated throughout the church, signalling that the mass is about to close. The bishop closes his eyes, praying solemnly. The believers immediately kneeled, some cried while the others prostrated on the cold marbles. All the clerics followed suit, showing their whole hearted devotion.

Peeking at his peers, Julius followed suit, afraid of being caught sleeping throughout the entire mass. Upon closing his eyes, Juluis could feel a warm current on his hands, faint glows of light envelop him. Smiling, Juluis gladly receives the goddess' blessing.

After spending at least two months in this world, Julius realizes that the reason why churches held certain power and respect towards the masses was precisely this; clerics, especialy high level ones could envoke the gods' power through faith and prayers, receiving it in the form of blessings. These holy powers are capable of warding of curses, temptation and magic pollution. It is also the best defense against creatures of the dark sides and demon kins. As such, clerics held certain importance to towns and kingdoms, some having role higher than nobles.

If it wasn't for these, the modern man Julius wouldn't act like a good lamb in front of a goddess statue. Though he isn't going to do it as far as the devoit believers; prostrating like some possesed member of a cult. Hestia church's morning mass is actually quite a sight for someone like Ling Chen, which he of course, had taken in as a some sort of a special novelty.

After the mass, Julius visited the twins, who were still busy leveling up their taming skills. Miira flashes an excited smile, looking like a little angel, well, that is if she weren't strangling some poor bird in the neck.

The bird had white feathers, looking like a crane with large built; its large wings poorly mangled. As though seeing its savior, the bird began shrieking loudly, it looks like it was about to die any moment.

"Miira, release that bird. Where did you even get it", after casting a healing spell, the bird escape from the cruel girl's death grip, running after its newly identified savior. Squeeking, the bird held a wronged looked. Julius could swear that if it could talk, it would have brandished Miira all the curses it could think off.

The giggling Liira jumps after the bird,disregarding whether the bird threatens her with its beak. "Liira, where did you get this bird?"

"We did not get it, it flew to us",stretching her arms, Liira mimick the bird."Yeah, it tried to steal Bellare's little rubies, so Miira caught it! Then Miira thought it was quite plump, so we thought of catching it and roast it", Miira chimed in. As if it could understand them, the bird threw them an indignant look.

"Aren't you a white crane, how come you're acting like a crow? are you a white crow?"; Julius sighed, pitying the poor bird. If he came late, this thing would have been turned into a roasted crane. Such fancy looking bird, it would have been tragic. The crow looked at him, it was as though it was mocking him.

This human had actually confused a majestic crane like him to a crow!!!What part of him look like a crow? His feathers were as white as snow, how could those disgusting scavengers compare to it?! If only Julius could hear it, he might agree roasting it.